PDA

View Full Version : 2 SEC BOG and 1300 RPM

taz069
02-09-2013, 01:15 PM
All right here it is! I do believe i have been battling a starting issue but it is probably more in the timing of things. The 2 sec bog and 1300 rpm come from this. My car a 1996 c280 idles at around 550-650 rpm. Now with no accesories going when i put on the throttle it boggs for about 2-3 seconds until about 1300 rpm. Then the show starts!!! She run like a screamin demon!!! But only after 1300+ rpm. I do realize that their is a baffle system in the intake that is vacum operated one side is for low rpm and the other is for higher rpm, ie 180 degress diff. I just now come to this because the car is near completion. And I will not take it to the road with this problem. If i pull out in traffic and the lil bugger stumbles and faulters smash. Don't want this.
Any suggestions? Is this normal for the c280? I do understand it is not a hot rod! Just Need to get this issue fixed! If it is an issue. Any clues or advise is welcome.

taz069
02-13-2013, 01:31 PM
It seems nobody has an answer? Any who a bottle of injector cleaner seems to be working! Maybe time will tell! Thanks for all the input!! Will keep all informed if things change!

melk
02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Well I'm glad it was an easy fix!

taz069
03-18-2013, 04:29 AM
Well the issue is not as bad but still present. Ordered a new crank position sensor from autohaus, will be in this tuesday. I can't wait to see if this will cure this on going pain in the butt!! Will let everyone know in a few days!!

taz069
03-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Got the cps in and installed!!!!! The starting issue has seemed to have subsided!! Now the bogging issue is still in play. Hoping its just the cam position sensor!! Will try that next!! From a stand still the car bogg's. But after 1k rpm it kick's it up a bit. For now just happy it starts after being warmed up!

taz069
03-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Soo sorry forgot to mention this!! The ohm reading on my old sensor and the new sensor cold!! Old being 1.028 ohm, and new being 1.046 ohm they both are bosch sensors! Hope these reading's help out a few!!

taz069
04-06-2013, 06:29 AM
New cam position sensor installed, old sensor reading 1.089 and new 1.176 ohm. Now my problem still exists. Hooked up a scan tool and this is what the ign advance setting showed me. At 576 rmp the ign was at -7.6, at 672rpm it was -14.1, at 704rpm it was -15.1. Now once the rpms got above 1000 the ign timing would climb thus better acceleration. What is causing this issue? The scan tool shows no codes. Might their be a issue with my cam adjuster device the magnetic piece on front of the intake cam? Might it be in the throttle position sensor? Any and all input is welcome. On a later thought, might it be the gas?? I put 7 gallons of 91 octane into her. Just about got it all gone now. Will be trying some 93 as soon as this runs out. Just never had this problem with 91 before. Thanks all.

taz069
04-14-2013, 04:58 AM
Maybe this will help a few souls. I finally bit the bullet and paid 45$ for some online tech help. Sure enough it is a timing issue. Upon reseting the cams to tdc which is where i though they were, come to find out the variable adjuster on the intake cam was the culprit. I didn't relize at the time it has to be rotated completly clockwise for timing to be accurate!!!!! With this said I was 1 tooth off!! Now that the issue is fixed I'm just waiting for my timing gasket to come in tuesday and seal it all up and give it a whirl! Got my fingers crossed.