PDA

View Full Version : Problems keeping corner markers fastened down in fenders....

vixen_w202
02-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Alright, so as of today...I had a second corner marker on the passenger side literally fly out of my fender, go over my car and fly onto the highway earlier today.....so I went through a third set of these damn things because they won't stay fastened down. Also, I checked the driver's side one to see if it was alright....it too is starting to severely loosen up....

Has anyone had this problem before???? I'm growing tired of keeping to have to replace these things, and no matter how hard I try to keep them tight using DIY methods or trying to mess with the fender-based mounting system, nothing has helped.

Advice?

costinbv
02-16-2013, 01:38 AM
i have the same problem but i tied them down to the fender with some zip ties

Mike51809
02-16-2013, 05:44 AM
Try taking a file to the inside that clips to your fender, ive had thay happen but once i filed it down and it "clicked" in nice in tight i had no more problems :D

wichipong
02-16-2013, 03:20 PM
you can adjust that metal clip make it wider... makes it a little tougher to put back in.

jc1kz
02-16-2013, 03:55 PM
you started two threads for the same thing?????

vixen_w202
02-16-2013, 05:47 PM
you started two threads for the same thing?????

Well, one was about the repair itself, and the other was requesting a part in the classifieds. In the past on other forums I've gotten in trouble for merging two things into one thread and not keeping them in the right sub-sections. Hence my logic there.