PDA

View Full Version : i cant find the baffles

vaspen
02-18-2013, 02:39 PM
ok im very auto savy (heads up just dont go too far in there lol)
i have a 2000.. (late 1999 so its a 00) c230 kompressor sport,
only has 113000m on it, also runs faster than a celica gts :P

i cant find the s/c baffles anywere on it i want to get that whine i love
but im having a few issues with it that are,

fuel pump dosnt want to turn on when key dose (rigged atm).
bas/sas light is on, no idea why, it hase brand new breaks and rotors.
but lastly on the new brakes it squeals like a pig on a hot summer day in the slotter house >.>
i have been on here all day trying to find these things with no luck :,\ any help is greatly apreciated

btw we just got the thing and im in love with it :3

also i realized just now i had the wrong thread sorry

hvmercy
02-18-2013, 02:51 PM
welcome to club202.

Re: the issues you face with your C230. Is the CEL on? If so, post the code. How do you rig a fuel pump? Do you supply power to it directly from the battery?
BAS/ASR light is a common problem among W202 and W210. Some folks have been lucky by replacing brake light switch - I haven't. I've replaced mine already.
I have mine on in my C230 for the longest time and I've learned to live with it. Others suggest replacing the speed sensor which I've done and yet the light is still on.

vaspen
02-18-2013, 03:01 PM
yes we have it from the positive on the relay :3 to the battery

as for the code im not shure if our modis scanner will work for it
but im still at a loss as to why the breaks are squeeling as such when there spanking .... new
and the resonaters that keep the s/c quiet if it has any
i was just in the housing for the s/c where the one should be but it wasnt there

thanks i guess i will live with the bas /ASR light lol :rolleyes:

W202FTW
02-18-2013, 03:06 PM
ok im very auto savy (heads up just dont go too far in there lol)
i have a 2000.. (late 1999 so its a 00) c230 kompressor sport,
only has 113000m on it, also runs faster than a celica gts :P

i cant find the s/c baffles anywere on it i want to get that whine i love
but im having a few issues with it that are,

fuel pump dosnt want to turn on when key dose (rigged atm).
bas/sas light is on, no idea why, it hase brand new breaks and rotors.
but lastly on the new brakes it squeals like a pig on a hot summer day in the slotter house >.>
i have been on here all day trying to find these things with no luck :,\ any help is greatly apreciated

btw we just got the thing and im in love with it :3

also i realized just now i had the wrong thread sorry

Check the fuel pump fuse ( I believe it's a 30amp fuse ), then the fuel pump relay ( pull the plug and check for electrical arching ) in the back on the trunk. Replace as needed.

BAS/ASR/ESP lights often come on due to faulty wheel speed sensors. Pay somebody or a good indie shop for a diagnosis ( there's one on each wheel ) then do the work yourself. While you're there, have them do a brake examination on the grounds that it's noisy.

vaspen
02-18-2013, 03:37 PM
we have done our diagnostics on those levels no faulty wires blown fuses we just cant figure it
out we think it may be a computer related issue to it also if you arc it like so you run the risk to blow the fuse,
we have almost every tool known to mechanic we had a shop for over 30 years (well my father did but i worked for him for years and taught me )
i have a test light .....
as for the brakes i think im going to have to take them off and clean the roters and examen then better i just didnt want to have to pull them off yet ..

melk
02-19-2013, 08:37 AM
What a baffling problem.... har har.

I also have a '00 C230K with the ever present BAS light. Mine has occasionally gone off while driving. So I'm hoping it is perhaps just an alignment issue and perhaps if I fiddle with them and reseat them it may 'fix' it. I'm not holding my breath however.

vaspen
02-22-2013, 01:59 PM
lol ill have to try that thnks

vaspen
03-14-2013, 09:00 PM
finnaly back off the road ok "
so the 2000 dosnt have any baffles i could XD
wast of my time lol