PDA

View Full Version : Blinking mirror question

Eurosport
10-30-2003, 12:56 PM
thanks to Steve, mirrors arrived, install is nice and quick
EXCEPT how do I go about making them blink lol
ok from Nokia's thread i'm understanding i have to first find the right wire that goes to rear blinking, then tap into that and bring it to the door right? any need for extra fuse etc?
any more detailed info you guys might have where to find the wires etc please let me know
thanks in advance

JRE320
10-30-2003, 01:02 PM
Open up your tail lights and look for the wire that goes to the blinkers. That's what I know.

Eurosport
10-30-2003, 01:04 PM
ok will try that,
but i have 2 green/yellow that are already prewired to that mirror i have no clue what those are for, since it's got the round connector

Eurosport
10-30-2003, 01:13 PM
ooooh
look what i found on mbworld 210 forum

MBenzNL
MBWorld Fanatic!

YOE DO NOT NEED TO TAKE THE DOORPANELS OFF; who ever sold you the mirrors changed the connectors on the mirrors to oldstyle connectors and used pin 5 and pin 6 in the oval shaped 8pin connector which will most probably (I am 95% sure) be wired inside your doors already (with a green and a yellow wire)...these wires are not connected on either side now and will connect to the blinker...just connect the loose ends (in a black connector) at the base of the A pillar to ground and blinking power...shouldn't take longer then 1 hour max to get it all done.

greetingz,

me go try now ;)

nokia8860
10-30-2003, 01:24 PM
The prewired green/yellow/iforget :p wire is for the folding mirror option for the 202. Yes it was an option :)

If you dont plan on ever doing power folding then you can just used these and find the end of it in the wire gutter so that you dont have to remove the door card.

If you do plan on doing power folding you and you end up cutting these wires you will have to run new wires down.

Eurosport
10-30-2003, 01:27 PM
ya hehe
i don't plan on folding
i can take panel off np it's easy
just hope i don't have to take off door sills !!!
gonna go hop on a pillar now see what i find ;)

Eurosport
10-30-2003, 01:59 PM
coolio,
found the other end of those wires, right underneath my door sills (there's another job to put those on lol) now just gotta find the power and ground from rear blinkers

98_Benzo
10-30-2003, 02:16 PM
So Euro, when are you going to show us your new mod? We haven't seen you for a while...You've been hiding out!!

Eurosport
10-30-2003, 03:01 PM
haha
me is hiding cuz rain is about to come ;)

should i have that connector wires green/yellow to the right mirror also? i haven't seen it, gonna take panel off to see if they fell in there

Eurosport
10-30-2003, 05:21 PM
aight,
no connectors on the passenger side, so just had to run 2 wires there and hack into a ground and black/green

looks like it was black/white for left side, black/green for right side for signal wires that ran to back, grounds were all brown
just incase anyone doing it sometime.
other than that piece of cake
blink blink ;)

oh btw this mod was mostly done because of whoever built my car was an idiot, they had put dimming mirror on passenger side and not on driver side, so car sitting so low even with tinted windows those damn hummers/trucks/suvs etc would always bug me at night
this set is dimming driver side :)

FreeStyler
10-30-2003, 05:36 PM
You bought the blinkers with new mirrors? You could have just bought the blinking covers for your existing mirrors....

jnolte
10-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by 98_Benzo
So Euro, when are you going to show us your new mod? We haven't seen you for a while...You've been hiding out!!

foreel!!!! I havent even met you yet mang!!!! Or nobody has met Edub yet!!!! Hmm we need a GTG but i dont a w202:(

I will just have to wait!!!!:rolleyes:

Denlasoul
10-30-2003, 08:51 PM
Nice job ES. Im looking forward to seeing your new mods. I was thinking about doing the same,but changed my mind and decided to focus on other things.

I still need to do my shocks! LOL

jnolte
10-30-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey DLS when did you become a moderator??? thats tight!!!!