PDA

View Full Version : ok s/c issue

vaspen
03-15-2013, 07:04 PM
i have been looking for over a hr ....
"
car has 113880 miles and is a (00 komp 4poper)
ok we have had the classic maf stutter with code po170
got cleaner and cleaned the maf ran like brand new ..just today... i fixed that ran like a ferrarri :P

decided to baby it into town so i did, i get to the stop sighn outside of town, it felt like there was
no power and bogging also it has a very ruff idle. i poped d-hood motor shaking like it was missing,
planning to pull the plugs to see what one is missing and to see if there is anything i can do but any input would be nice
i think it could need new plugs, wires, and maby a coilover
also plan on hooking the scanner up tmro to get any new codes. Im starting to get anoyed because im a trucker and not home much everytime i drive it somthing seems to break

anywho thanks for help

P.s a modis scanner can pull m.b codes just as good but hey u pay what you get for ?:confused: ....lol

vaspen
03-15-2013, 07:05 PM
oh forgot im praying that the missfire is causing the s/c to not engage because i dont want to have to pay for a new s/c lol

RemoLexi
03-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Modis will pull fault codes but the problem with aftermarket scanners is its just that ... A fault code.

With factory scan tool (SDS) there's usually a simple test plan setup for you step by step which can be helpful, there's supposed to be new release of an MB diag tool or an SDS replacement soon.

Back to topic, cleaning your maf is like rinsing a used condom for use again. It just doesn't work. I can't stress enough about people cleaning mafs with crap sold at local stores.

All of the junk cleaners still leave residue on the hot film of the maf. You can't see it, but it's there. It will cause inaccurate air flow readings and mess up your air/fuel ratio. When lean mixture is sensed, boost shuts down as a safety mech.

Replace your maf. Don't waste time going any further and carried away throwing spark plugs, coils ect at the car. Mafs all fail 60-100k miles.

RemoLexi
03-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Even with a Modis you should be able to go into stream data and while the car is at idle check the intake grams per second, though I can't tell you where spec is supposed to be at. Maybe try looking that up via NODATA (ALLDATA)

vaspen
03-15-2013, 08:13 PM
i meant to rename this before i posted lol
but i beleave it isnt working right is because the missfire i used the proper cleaning solutant and it worked for a bit there
so i cant realy say the maf is still going to be the issue the car still has role off lot parts its been 13 years and hasnt been driven much id say a bad coil pack

and the modis has step by step folow thru it wasnt just as expensive as this car for nothing this is no hand held scanner its a legit big boy scanner with all the keys for most car brands and all connecters cept the exotic cars

vaspen
03-15-2013, 08:15 PM
thats usualy what we do scann it and all data then XD but its 1am here in pa so were gna look at it tmro .. so much for my date haha

RemoLexi
03-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Hmm did not know that! We have a Modis at work, however the only thing we use it for is to pull a fast code off a car other then German/Swedish (we don't specialize in anything else) or to check readiness monitors before smog. It's faster then loading a factory scan tool.

Subscriptions for diag exotic cars cost more then the average 202! You have to be in a really big city to pull in 5-8 exotics a day to afford their scan tools.

vaspen
03-15-2013, 08:24 PM
yep im saying thats pretty much the only cars it wont do hahaha we had a shop in town for awhile so we have 2 car lifts and everyposibaly tool known to gear head at home :D shit were finding toold we forgot we had haha
but yea our modis is pretty old but it can do ALOT and can still work on pretty new cars

vaspen
03-17-2013, 11:33 AM
closed it was the coil pack that went very easy to replace and napa can get you a bosh for 110
you take the cover off to the spark plugs undo the 4 or 2 screws then swap and poof done lol