PDA

View Full Version : Guys please help me!!!

dannykazzy
03-28-2013, 05:51 PM
i have a 1995 mercedes c280 with 70k on it and ok long story short i had multiple cylinder misfire and i changed first all my plugs and still had the misfire my engine would run like shit and the engine would shake making the car jerk so then i bought new ignition coils cause i started to work up the ladder and at one point it fixed it completely till a few days ago it started again it says cylinder six misfire so thinking if the coil is bad that would mean cylinder 6 and 1 would be misfiring cause one coil operates 2 cylinders 1 & 6 so i checked my gapping in the plugs and they are good soooooo i got frustrated and put in the fuel injector cleaner and put it in and it helped it a little but it got bad again so then i checked it again with the OBD2 scanner says the same thing cylinder 6 misfire and multiple cylinder misfire need help help please could it be my fuel injectors?

RemoLexi
03-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Biggest mistake you can do is keep throwing parts at it.

Work with the clues you already have, I would be doing a block test by checking the coolant for carbon monoxide which is introduced via failed headgasket. Are you losing coolant somewhere?

8=Anonymous=8
03-29-2013, 05:10 AM
What plugs are you running?
These merc's don't like the precious metals.

dannykazzy
03-29-2013, 06:35 AM
Biggest mistake you can do is keep throwing parts at it.

Work with the clues you already have, I would be doing a block test by checking the coolant for carbon monoxide which is introduced via failed headgasket. Are you losing coolant somewhere?

Truth be told my coolant level light just went on and I still didn't have time to get coolant but no I don't see any coolant puddles or anything I also ordered a new fuel filter and intake manifold cause I heard they start cracking over time and it starts slipping in extra air and might do the same thing as my symptoms of my car

RemoLexi
03-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Manifold crack but a manifold won't have anything to do with your coolant disappearing.

Stop wasting money, the manifold isn't the problem. You need a headgasket.

dannykazzy
03-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Manifold crack but a manifold won't have anything to do with your coolant disappearing.

Stop wasting money, the manifold isn't the problem. You need a headgasket.

How would a head gasket be involved in these symptoms I'm not mocking you I just want to know the explanation to this theory

Mike51809
03-29-2013, 01:21 PM
It causes a loss in the compression and there will be 2 weak cylinders if you do a compression test meaning the leak is between those 2. The water is going from the water passages into the cylinder and being burned off, that is why you have no leak going on. A good indication is white smoke from your exhaust then do the compression test and find the 2 week cylinders

Mike51809
03-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Also see if you smell a sweet smell from the exhaust

taz069
03-31-2013, 05:02 AM
A couple of things. Do as mike has suggested run a comp test. Autozone or other parts houses have the tester you can rent. Also check the oil. When my headgasket let loose I had water in my oil pan not pretty at all!!!! With all of this now fixed on mine. Here were some of my other issues i ran across. I have had to replace/rewire my coil pack wiring, the 2 wires that fire off the coils. Mine had been replaced with speaker wire, not now. When i rebuilt the head i had the valve cover blasted and i used a high temp coating on it. Not realizing the coils needed a good groung. In saying this i grounded all the coils back to the block!! Check your plug wires, any dark or dry cracked area's could mean the wire is/has broke down and firing to the valve cover and not to the coil, ie missfire. Also check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. Also could be an issue with timing?? Not for sure but possible. I am currently waiting on my cam position sensor to come in. Hope some of this helps.

dannykazzy
04-08-2013, 09:12 AM
i changed my oil not to long ago and the oil was clean and i added coolant and it isnt disappearing so im guessing over 18 years the old grandma never added any haha and i did take of one of my plus cylinder 4 and it had some oil around it so im gonna have to change my valve gaskets but could that cause a MULTIPLE misfire and also you mentioned something about the fuel pressure at the fuel rail what do you mean by that how could i check that and well next thing ill do is i guess order new wires cause i never changed them and the car feels like its running and then like the fuel pump i believe so is making a buzzing noise and then stops so idk im like frustrated haha

taz069
04-14-2013, 05:03 AM
The pressure on the fuel rail is what is goes into the cylinders' when the injectors open. If their is a old fuel filter with some blockage you will see less than par performace. Some where it was posted a peep had 60 psi on his w202 fuel rail. I don't know the exact # but that would be a start.