PDA

View Full Version : Lowered Life

MikeD
04-17-2013, 04:01 PM
So far so good. The Eibach sport springs on 18" AMGs is a nice combination for my daily driving in the suburbs, but now I'm moving to an apartment where ground level parking is very limited and the rest of what is available is in an underground parking garage. Does anyone have any experience with making it down and up steep, narrow inclines with a lowered W202? My driveway at home is steep enough but the width makes getting up an easy task.

Here's my ride:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc287/hgpolak/DSC_0506.jpg

Andddd here's the problem:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc287/hgpolak/Capture_zps8c0bc927.png

anf6789
04-17-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't think a stock one would make it down that!

wichipong
04-17-2013, 08:02 PM
that's one steep slope...

welcome to the lifestyle!

MikeD
04-21-2013, 12:56 PM
So nobody has any experience with this? I know I used to be able to get up even steeper slopes downtown Chicago with OEM 15" wheels and the Rieger front bumper, but using all stock suspension parts.

Vetruck
04-21-2013, 03:22 PM
So nobody has any experience with this? I know I used to be able to get up even steeper slopes downtown Chicago with OEM 15" wheels and the Rieger front bumper, but using all stock suspension parts.

Well if you ask me, by just looking at the car and the underground driveway ramp. I can tell you without a doubt you are going to scrape on the sideskirts - goodluck, Might want to try ad get a little speed and Starsky & Hutch it.

MikeD
04-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Well if you ask me, by just looking at the car and the underground driveway ramp. I can tell you without a doubt you are going to scrape on the sideskirts - goodluck, Might want to try ad get a little speed and Starsky & Hutch it.

Thanks, the speed might not be a great idea but if the front bumper clears this I'm happy. I may be able to save the skirts by going down at as much of an angle as I can since the ramp is about 1.8 cars wide, wall-to-wall. I'll try to remember to update this in a few weeks when I (slowly) try my luck.

arar_hany
04-23-2013, 07:35 AM
Damn lol

vixen_w202
04-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Visited an acquantience/distant friend down by the beach in Los Angeles right after I dropped my car, the only place to park down there was in a guest spot in an underground parking garage with only one way in and out just like that. It was single exit/entry only.

All I can say is on a stock bodykit but lowered I was scraping really bad trying to get over that slant....no matter how hard I tried. I fear if I had an aggressive front lip installed like I'm going to install this week, I probably would have ripped the front bumper off clean even probably going 1 mile an hour.

I know in the end living situations take priority over cars, but doing a crazy incline like that day in and day out, I think one day it's going to cause you some grief.

People will probably give me grief for saying this, but for situations like this....but only thinking of it for the situation you're going to be in soon, I think airbag suspension would be extremely helpful/useful to you. When you're out and about you could ride slammed but when it's time to go home, you could throw it back up to stock or higher to clear that driveway. I know some coilover kits do similar, but doubtful if they make such a kit for our 202's.

Impressor
04-25-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi Mike,

I have the stock 16" wheels on my car and is quite low...

I have the unfortunate experience of having my father drive my car over a solve as steep as the one in your picture and crack my side skirt, however when I drove over the same sloped drive way I had to cut the entrance at such an angle, my car was almost parallel to the mouth of the drive.

My only suggestion is to do the same but also keep a watch out for ur center exhaust box as that is also prone to being caught and scratched...the last thing you need is to have that touch and send your exhaust alignment off...

Sorry mate...

dokotela
04-25-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't see a problem at all...there are 2 lovely grass patches outside that would make for a great foto shoot and parking...lol

MikeD
04-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Haha thanks for all the input guys. I think I might have to try to bribe the lot owners to give me a permanent ground level spot... that may just work.

MikeD
06-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Here's an update: I MADE IT! The slope is even more intimidating in person. It was so steep that I was falling forward out of my seat when driving down and my rear wheels could not get enough traction to reverse my way back up the ramp when I wanted to back out of the attempt. Not even my muffler tips scraped so I am optimistic about installing a Rieger rear skirt and still making it over this obstacle.

vaspen
06-29-2013, 02:29 PM
I think the only things meant to be down there is whats already lurking in that rock climing slant .. (a jeep ... LOL) I think most crawlers would have a tuff time with this XD