PDA

View Full Version : Oil leaking into my Vaccuum line :(

Yujin
04-24-2013, 04:58 PM

Oil is leaking into this part. I am leaving it disconnected for now. Is that bad? Any consequences that would be dangerous? I have been seafoaming the hell out of my car to clean out the oil//gunk caused by the oil.

Any advice on what the leak could be? Anyone have any experience with this?

Mike51809
04-25-2013, 04:32 AM
That is your oil seperator (aka a PCV valve) and sometimes they can clog ir fail and cause alot of oil in your intake. Try to spray some carb cleaner in there anf swirl it around to clean it out but if that doesnt work its $40 for a new one

Yujin
04-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Is oil supposed to get in there?

I cleaned it out yesterday and found a TON of oil - which scared the living $h1t out of me. Now I am seafoaming my engine daily.

I also notice that there is a hose on the bottom of the PCV valve, is that were the oil is supposed to be dripping into? Any help is appreciated ^^

Mike51809
04-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Yeah but its supposed to go back through that hose to the top of your cylinder head, if youve tried cleaning it id replace it honestly. If oil is coming through your intake its not working properly, its not too expensive to replace. Im confident thats what it is but if you want to make sure have a shop diagnosis it then buy the seperator if they confirm that, i just font wanna give you false advice on it without being there

Yujin
04-26-2013, 06:40 AM
Thanks Mike,

I appreciate the help. There probably is a hole somewhere in the valve. After leaving it disconnected for 3 days and seafoaming my engine pretty much daily since Monday, my CEL went away ^^

Mike51809
04-26-2013, 12:12 PM
No problem man i hope it fixes it for you