PDA

View Full Version : Eaton M62 Kompressor Service

Impressor
04-25-2013, 02:12 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering if it was at all possible to service the kompressor in my c23k?
I have found threads and the like stating that the oil can be changed using a brand supplied by GM Part no 12345982.
If anyone has done this, kindly advise on the success and difficulty as when consulting with the stealership, they advised that it is a non-serviceable unit and the dealership probably got this roots type mixed up with a centrifugal type which DOES lubricate with the engines oil as a turbo would.
In addition for those of you out there like myself who have not serviced your s/chargers, it is advised to replace such oil every 30k miles...
I am not sure whether to remain ignorant to this or to tinker with my s/c as like me,I'm sure we all want our 202's in the best condition consistently...

Thank you...

Impressor
04-25-2013, 02:25 AM
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1503788-kompressor-supercharger-oil-change.html

Hi all...did some digging around...found a page with pics on how to replace the s/c oil...

John Jones Jr.
04-25-2013, 03:26 AM
This might be of some intereszt to you:

http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/Automotive/AutomotiveAftermarket/Superchargers/FAQ/index.htm

I've not changed my oil yet but will doing so soon. You can find oil change kits on www.eBay.co.uk

Impressor
04-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi John,

Thank you for responding to my post...

Have you replaced the oil on your car before?

Has it made any difference to the power delivery other than the obvious maintenance of the s/c?

John Jones Jr.
04-25-2013, 08:06 AM
No, not replaced before. I can't imagine fresh oil making any difference to power delivery. I don't know of any other maintenance jobs on the S/c bar the fact I'm changing the drive belt.

dokotela
04-25-2013, 11:56 AM
An oil service will only make a difference if the supercharger is living beyond its expectations.....excessively high rpm. This would usually be the case in hard driving with larger crank pulleys and/or smaller supercharger pulleys. Otherwise the oil and bearings are designed to last the lifetime of the engine....which in most cases is usually very long. There are many other maintenance issues that lead to decreased performance in these cars. Check for boost leaks, every little psi helps.

Impressor
04-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Howzit Doc,

Thank you so much for your input...I was just curious about it and I have decided to to mess with mines just yet...;-)

Tc....