PDA

View Full Version : anybody got a MIRT? (device that lets you change traffic light from red to green)

bobcat
11-01-2003, 04:50 AM
anybody got a MIRT? (device that lets you change traffic light from red to green as you please)

where to buy (or build one) and how much? :bunny: where's the
best location to discretely mount it in a W202?

apparently it is legal, as far as the FCC is concererned...)

thanks!

Renn 208
11-01-2003, 05:57 AM
do you really not have time for a red light on your commute?:p

Eurosport
11-01-2003, 06:20 AM
i don't think it's worth the money
unless you plan to do a bank robbery or cia chasing you:D

jnolte
11-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Thats crazy, is that really legal???? Hmm, i want to buy one too!!:D

BoominVolvo
11-01-2003, 11:11 AM
Thats crazy, is that really legal???? Hmm, i want to buy one too!!

They are most likely illegal according to your local police... but if they don't find out??? :D

But federally, they are legal because the FCC does not regulate the emmission of Light signals, only radio signals.

sorbo
11-01-2003, 12:45 PM
getting one of those MIRT's is only a good way into trouble.

think about they are made to save lives, not for a few minutes to be saved going to work and back. and by using them you could starts to mess with the whole timing of the traffic system.

REMEMBER THEIR IS A DRIVING KARMA, LET SOMEONE IN AND YOU WILL BE LET IN WHAN YOU NEED IT.

1SIKBNZ
11-01-2003, 02:09 PM
Ok guys im not here to rag on anyone, i mean it is an open discussion forum but cmon he didnt ask if you liked the idea or if you thought it was good or bad etc. he just asked if anyone had or knew where to get one... do we really have to start postin all our "beliefs" on the matter? NO.... just try and keep on the subject, if you can get one say it or if you have a question that has relation ask it but just keep your personal beliefs outta it. its so lame i dont care what you think of the idea of having one and im sure i dont speak for only myself if you want to post that stuff start a new thread and name it what i think about mirt units. as far as this thing goes though if you do find one or where to get it hook me up with the info id be down to own one of these for sure!

JDoggery
11-01-2003, 04:58 PM
$299 folks

http://www.themirt.com/

davis449
11-01-2003, 11:13 PM
They are illegal in Texas, you can be charged with impersonating a police officer or emergency personnel if you have a strobe light attatched to your vehicle or even if you flash your brights at the light to change it.

Renn 208
11-01-2003, 11:50 PM
sorry, sikbnz, but as I used to be an EMT, it would be difficult for me to respond without making some kind of commentary. At least I try to keep it on the comedic tip. But honestly, if someone proposes an idea that I think would possibly harm others...I'm gonna say something.

To me, it's as if the dude asked where he could get fake handicapped placards.

Really though, if you want to play public safety, just go request a gall's catalogue and order all of the lights, stobes and sirens you could want.

Sorry if you don't want to hear it from me, but hey, if I what others or I say gives pause, then maybe there's something to think about.

MBATF
11-03-2003, 10:10 AM
Yeah www.Galls.com is where i got most my duty gears at! great prducts at low price, with high shipping rate!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. ///AMG
11-03-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by MBATF
Yeah www.Galls.com is where i got most my duty gears at! great prducts at low price, with high shipping rate!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to get all my shit from there too :D

MIRT is whack if you're not going code 3 legally.

pnsji
11-03-2003, 11:54 AM
I don't have anything that will makes me in the condition of being illegal.

Dr. ///AMG
11-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by pnsji
I don't have anything that will makes me in the condition of being illegal.

Aren't you an illegal immigrant? FOr $10,000 I can arrange a marriage for you, blue eagled out passport and buffet for two included.