PDA

View Full Version : melted fuse

Nine Four One
05-11-2013, 09:36 PM
OK so the fuse box in the trunk has a 30amp fuse in location number 8....thing is that if you look at the lid
It states that no fuse should be there. Anyone else have this fuse in their 96 220? I just need to know what it controls. Thanks

Nine Four One
05-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Ahhhh this is one of the reasons I love this place....wouldn't dare ask someone to actually go out to their car an look at a fuse box an tell me what it says lol...... sigh. Times like this is why I wish this car hand more of a following aka more then a few forums.

Sulaco
05-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Can't say exactly. My C43 is in the shop.

Did you put the fuse there? Was it already there?

If the space is empty on the diagram then there's no way there's power going to that fuse. Sounds like a mistake was made somewhere (like someone pulled a burned fuse and just stuck it somewhere else)

jc1kz
05-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Look 941 don't take this the wrong way, but you sort of answered your own question when you said that the lid did not call for a fuse to be in location #8....and further investigation would reveal to you that there were no female brass clip/inserts to provide power for the fuse, so as stated by Sulaco above, probably the PO removed a burnt out fuse and placed it in an empty slot to dispose of later and just never did......(By the way I did go out and looked at that fuse box, and my #8 is also empty......)

Nine Four One
05-23-2013, 03:43 AM
Well I never put the fuse there. An it has metal prongs in the box. An I pulled it out an tried everything in the car. Come to find out it has something to do with my front two power windows. Cause they didn't work after remremoving it. Put another one in an now my front windows work again. So I don't know if my lid diagram is off another car or what. ...an I didn't take it the wrong way it was just a request to have other people look at theirs. Wasn't asking for an inspection of main bearings or something. Just a look at a fuse box. ...

Sulaco
05-23-2013, 05:40 AM
That's weird. Very weird. Having a blown fuse in a supposedly unused slot makes your front Windows work? Very bizarre.

In both my 202s each individual Window had its own fuse in the rear fuse box.

jc1kz
05-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Yeah, Really strange cause I did go out and look in the rear trunk fuse area that night, and the #8 fuse area/space does say it is supposed to be empty on the diagram and mine is empty and my windows work perfectly.....I even stuck my fingers in the empty slot and shined a flashlight in there as well....strange.....