PDA

View Full Version : No power to the Rear Left Window

wizofwall
05-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Hi everybody,
Need some help.
Like the title says, no power to left right window, checked at pillar.
Of course the story is long...
had the same issue hundreds had with the power window, power mirrors and interior light.
started doing the battery unplug, solving it briefly.
started happening all the time.
took it to the mechanic. Checked the controls, said it was because of the air deflectors...didn´t fixed it.
three months later, i used the car again and same issues.
started checking the internet and started narrowing the possible causes.
I unplugged the left rear window for a week and didn´t work since.
now there´s no power. the other rear window has power and works fine.
I had no more electric problems except that window.
where do I go from there?

jc1kz
05-17-2013, 12:59 PM
when plugged in does it make a sound? like if it wants to open but does not? Mine did the same thing I replaced the window regulator and now it works great.....

wizofwall
05-18-2013, 12:52 AM
when plugged in does it make a sound? like if it wants to open but does not? Mine did the same thing I replaced the window regulator and now it works great.....

Negative. It can not make noise because there is no power at all. I traced the power wire to the fuse box and I checked the fuses for continuity and they are fine.

The funny thing is that it started like everybody...first the passenger side and mirrors and interior light. Then the driver door. I kept unplugging the battery every few days. Then it was the back windows.

I read in some forum that it might be the back windows causing all this, so I ended up unplugging the rear left window. It didn´t give me problems since, except for having a permanently shut window, which for a smoker who hates smelly car is not making me happy, since the car does not vent so much.

I bought a replacement motors online and just before I got to install, I checked the power and the left window is dead while the right is fine...

Also, I can´t find the famous comfort module. It´s not in the trunk by the battery. I heard in some forums that it was in the back part of the fuse box...a small black box, the problem is that there are two and they are about the same size...and they don´t look anything like the modules most people post. Perhaps is under the rear floor like I read somewhere yesterday...

My main concern now is to figure out how to get power again to the window the proper way.