PDA

View Full Version : First failure to start with Vixen (1996 C280): OBDII is showing codes, P1444 & P0114

vixen_w202
06-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Alright, today was the first black day I had with Vixen (meaning bad day). I have an OBD2 code reader and software, it's reading codes P0114 and P1444.

Check engine light is on.

Car otherwise is running fine, but will refuse to keep a proper start. Recently replaced a fuel filter and a bunch of gaskets....I do know there has been some jerry rigging with some lines to the EGR, breather from the engine sensor to the intake and to the fuel pressure regulator. Been having some problems with the fuel gauge but after recently getting a new bttery the fuel gauge has been dead accurate. So accurate I screwed up one day and ran out of fuel near my house.

I am back resorted to having family driving me around or driving the ML320 which has problems too that make me feel iffy about driving it.

Please help me diagnose so I can get back on the road. Thanks.

jc1kz
06-04-2013, 03:49 PM
P0444 - EVAP Purge Control Circuit No Signal
p0114 - Intake Air Temperature Circuit intermittent

vixen_w202
06-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Update: didn't realize it but I had some very old vacuum/EGR lines needing repair. Took care of them, fired right up. Check Engine is still on but at least my car is driveable again.

melk
06-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Glad to hear it. I had P0444 a while back and replaced my evap purge solenoid with a junkyard special and along with blowing out the check-valve in the line past the solenoid leading to the throttle body that cleared it up.

Does your code reader not have the ability to clear the codes? Could disconnect the battery as well to clear it. See if it comes back.