PDA

View Full Version : high rev s.c issue

vaspen
06-11-2013, 06:04 AM
ok so I put a new intake on finnaly and ran beautifully but now, just happened the other day around 4800rpm when I kick it the s.c shuts off

but when I let my foot slightly up to let it shift it will over spin the s.c then the chhh of the dump valve I have a vid of it but I need to youtube the issue for me to post
it works at all rpm range but 48+ and
I do not have to do the turn off n back on it runs fine in low rpm, loud as a mug :)

and yes I have cleaned the oil vac line out by means of high pressure air gun (no oil sut or debree came out (that plastic peace on the top mid left))
I checked under the throttle for and major signs of oil it was spot clean so (I also cut the mesh while I was in there :)

I eather think the s.c clutch Is going, but agen its fine all the way up to 48+ ,and then when I back off a little on the throttle it kicks back in over spools but at that point it is bout to shift

there is no check engine light coming up but I am getting a 13500 number I think in the cluster ? not shure if that's the right number because my cluster is not synced with the car as I get -36 showing all the time lol
p.s. I have searched already that's why I tried that vacuum trick

John Jones Jr.
06-12-2013, 04:48 AM
Don't know if this your problem but I had a similar problem, no boost at 4000rpm +. Changed the cam position sensor, disconnected the battery (1hr) and all was good.

vaspen
06-12-2013, 07:03 AM
10-4 ima try just disconnecting the battery for a while with key in on positi first ive heard of this issue being with the dump valve, the oil air vacuum line but I also just noticed that the rear windows don't work