PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable rear upper control arm

Samito01
06-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Ok heres the info....i work at an auto shop(master tech)... I had just lowered my 99 c230K and when i did my alighnment, my rear camber was out -2.5 degrees both side...so iwas looking at spare parts that i had laying around my shop and found an adjustable control for a 2003-2007(rear) honda accord sedan...after some trimming the arms fit perfect..my alighnment came out dead on.......all u had to do was cut off a 1/4 inch off both sides where the threads where and the legnth was identical to the factory arms.... Took me a half hour of measuring and it works......gonna try post pics if i can...not computer literate

Seattle_202
06-11-2013, 03:19 PM
this is the stuff im looking for. RETROFITTING! can you do something with the front upper control arms? not a big fan of paying hundreds of dollars for a front camber kit! please post pictures soon.

AtomicVette
06-11-2013, 06:04 PM
I just purchased the adjustible kit from speedway motors outlined on a forum. Not sure if it was this one or not. under 200 bucks.

Samito01
06-12-2013, 03:53 AM
i got my arms from car quest at my shop cost of $80 for both

Samito01
06-12-2013, 04:18 AM

AtomicVette
06-12-2013, 06:53 PM
these are the ones I got. Just looked at my order, it was about $80 bucks after shipping.

http://i.imgur.com/hnGbE.jpg

kowalski
06-13-2013, 01:59 AM
these are the ones I got. Just looked at my order, it was about $80 bucks after shipping.

are they quality made camber arms, would they have long life parts?

AtomicVette
06-13-2013, 08:37 AM
They look pretty good to me.

from http://www.speedwaymotors.com/

Vetruck
06-13-2013, 08:53 AM
are they quality made camber arms, would they have long life parts?
Those arms are really probably the best bang for the buck AND will last forever with those bushings. They are not ultimate for racing since bushings will still have a tad bit of deflection, but these are not racecars. They will not develop rod knock like racing rodends will over time. Good rodends will last a long time also in an upper link assembly like this becasue it does not take blunt force like the lowers do, but the good quality rodends I speak of will cost you twice what these do if not 3x

kowalski
06-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Those arms are really probably the best bang for the buck AND will last forever with those bushings. They are not ultimate for racing since bushings will still have a tad bit of deflection, but these are not racecars. They will not develop rod knock like racing rodends will over time. Good rodends will last a long time also in an upper link assembly like this becasue it does not take blunt force like the lowers do, but the good quality rodends I speak of will cost you twice what these do if not 3x

i need to find the correct size adjustable toe in arms/rod ends for our w202 cars, as I'm not familiar with US "inch" size.
parts needs to be quality wise and I'm villing to pay for them if they are long life parts, 300 - 400 bux is not a problem!

Vetruck
06-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Kowalski, i should be getting to that within the next month. I am waiting on ordered parts before I start tearing into my car for no reason. If you are patient I will pull my rear springs and check the bump in the car through lowered travel and see just how much the toe changes- then I will know what is needed if any. I just recieved my new spring compressor 2 days ago- but waiting on rear shocks mainly right now. My front shocks should arrive later today but the rears are still backordered. ordering my wheels on Monday, have 4 half used fronts from another car that was totaled (Fiancee's old car I put wheels and tires on- they are 4 215/40-18 BFG KDW2's with about 60% tread) so I am going to fit two of them on the fronts to see if they look ok- if they do then I will buy two rear compatable in slightly wider for the stagger, if not then I will buy all 4 of a new brand. I really want 225's but since I have these 215's I might as well just burn them up if they fit decent for now...so in other words that will take a little time also to sort out what I am doing right now with wheel/tire choice and will take a few weeks in the shipping and fitment, then more shipping etc to get them ready.

but patience, Im getting there- otherwise you'll have to rely on someone else if you are in a bigger hurry.

kowalski
06-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Kowalski, i should be getting to that within the next month. I am waiting on ordered parts before I start tearing into my car for no reason. If you are patient I will pull my rear springs and check the bump in the car through lowered travel and see just how much the toe changes- then I will know what is needed if any. I just recieved my new spring compressor 2 days ago- but waiting on rear shocks mainly right now. My front shocks should arrive later today but the rears are still backordered. ordering my wheels on Monday, have 4 half used fronts from another car that was totaled (Fiancee's old car I put wheels and tires on- they are 4 215/40-18 BFG KDW2's with about 60% tread) so I am going to fit two of them on the fronts to see if they look ok- if they do then I will buy two rear compatable in slightly wider for the stagger, if not then I will buy all 4 of a new brand. I really want 225's but since I have these 215's I might as well just burn them up if they fit decent for now...so in other words that will take a little time also to sort out what I am doing right now with wheel/tire choice and will take a few weeks in the shipping and fitment, then more shipping etc to get them ready.

but patience, Im getting there- otherwise you'll have to rely on someone else if you are in a bigger hurry.

buddy, I'll follow your lead.
I will be patient til you start tearing your car apart!

what's important to know is the length of the toe in arm - size on left/right threaded rod end holes fitting MB bolts - size of spacers?

thanks