PDA

View Full Version : Cam solenoid/magnet for VVT.

John Jones Jr.
06-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Guys,

Anybody here clued up on these? The reason I ask is, I don't think, actually I'm fairly sure mine isn't working. There's no noticeable difference in power @ 4000RPM when the inlet timing should change.

I removed mine and passed 12V thru it. No 'clicking' sound or an indication that it was receiving currrent. I presume it should 'click'? Also, I understand there's spring near the end of the inlet camshaft that possibly breaks, ring a bell?

So, if you guys could give any info on this device I be grateful.

dokotela
06-20-2013, 05:00 AM
hmmmmm....
i think the vvt kicks in at 3000rpm if i'm not mistaken. have not driven mine in 3weeks...at the panelshop...but its more noticeable on that car with the kleemann kit than my stock one.
but i have not had the need to replace the solenoid, although i might replace the seal cos it leaks

John Jones Jr.
06-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Cheers, Doc. I ordered a new one anyway, not that expensive either. Yeah, there's a slight weep rather than leak at mine too. I also opened up the loom to the solenoid just to check there's no oil within - I don't know if the 'oil wicking' problem occurs on M111's or just M271's, but I did it - peace of mind & all that.

KrumB
06-20-2013, 02:52 PM
I've only changed the sealing. Haven't checked if the damned thing works....