PDA

View Full Version : good alignment/tire shop in OC?

austin
11-01-2003, 06:40 PM
the guy i bought my c36 from about 5 months ago apparently neglected getting an alignment done after installing the h&r springs and some brand new potenza s02's, so even though the majority of my tires have like 85% treadlife left, there is a spot on the inside or outside of each of my tires where the tread has worn all the way down. it sucks because if i had known, i would have gotten the car aligned right when i bought it.

does anyone know of a good place in orange county (near irvine) that does good alignments and has great prices on tires? i am pretty broke, and id like to spend somewhere under $700 total for tires and install and alignment. im not sure if i want to go with good tires like i have or just settle for some cheapo tires like kumhos or whatever. im still running the stock 17" monoblocks, btw. 245/40/17 rear and 225/45/17 front.

do all of you lowered guys have big problems with quick tire wear? these tires have around 6k miles on them and two of them have already developed slow leaks. one has a bubble on the bald part and is ready to explode.

let me know if you know of a good place. you can post here or email me.

rotorgasm@hotmail.com

714guy
11-01-2003, 09:29 PM
Vodies in Garden Grove is the place for alignment, they're cheap and they provide the best service i've had and know there stuff, and offer 90 day warrantee on there job.

For tires you can try The wheel Supply, bomb service and good prices. Or you can buy them online at tirerack.com

austin
11-02-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by 714guy
Vodies in Garden Grove is the place for alignment, they're cheap and they provide the best service i've had and know there stuff, and offer 90 day warrantee on there job.

For tires you can try The wheel Supply, bomb service and good prices. Or you can buy them online at tirerack.com

thanks! have you had premature tire wear with your suspension setup since getting aligned at vodies?

she told me it happens to all guys...

C280 JR
11-02-2003, 01:19 PM
hey i have 18s on my car, it has been lowered for 2.5 months and an additional month of having the wheels, 3.5 months old, just did an alighnment couple days ago, no tire wear

Elvir

714guy
11-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by austin
thanks! have you had premature tire wear with your suspension setup since getting aligned at vodies?

she told me it happens to all guys...

i dont know what premature tire wear is but, i have uneven tire wear b/c the cars lowered. the only way to fix that is camber kit. So you already went to Vodies?? there place looks lo-tech huh?? but they know there stuff.