PDA

View Full Version : WTB: All Weather cover for W202

Yujin
06-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Hey Guys,

I am going to be gone for an extended period of time (1 year), garaging my C230K is not an option since I have a parking space available. Does anyone know where I could buy a good *Spare no expense* cover that will last summer/winter months? Is anyone selling one?

Also, is there any prepping I should do for the car to ensure nothing is messed up when I come back? I will have someone drive it out and around every now and again to keep the rotors from rusting out and such...

Thanks!

Yujin

mbsickness
06-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Mercedes sells one made of Noah fabric that seems to do a good job protecting the paint. Check on eBay as there are some that show up from time to time.

jc1kz
06-17-2013, 09:53 AM
When in the service, I purchased the MB car cover (great cover ,a bit pricey) I then fitted it on the car (inside out) and along the center of both sides of the door area I marked a six inch wide stripe and had a seamstress sow a pocket the length of the car sides, then I got a 4x2 piece of memory foam and inserted it in the pocket. This way while I was away and the car was parked at the base, I didn't worry about others parking too close and leaving door dings on my Benz....just my two cents

hvmercy
06-17-2013, 10:43 AM
This would be a good one.

http://www.ecklersmbzparts.com/car-cover-coverking-stormproof-outdoor-car-cover.html?crosssell=Homepage_Featured_Category_Me rcedes+Car+Covers

re: prepping, I would put the car on jackstands to prevent flat spots on your tires if that would matter to you at all. This way all you need to do is just start the car once a month or even longer.