PDA

View Full Version : FEELER: selling my car

vixen_w202
06-24-2013, 10:27 PM
This might come as a shock, but a shift in my personal life and some of the things happening in it might might want me to get the ML320 fixed and going as my sole daily driver.

Regret to get to this point but I'm at least happy to say that I did everything I set out to do with vixen. All services have been done. Oil leak is sealed with new gaskets. Only thing I haven't done is a transmission service but everything else I did.

3800k OBO. I understand my car is salvage and 151k but I would like to make just a scraping for what work I have done. Will sell with all the trimmings. No part outs. If I do end up selling I want this to go to a home where it will be given the same respect I gave it.

Let me know

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo48/slyvia_altima/20130610_193112_zps7e76b670.jpg (http://s360.photobucket.com/user/slyvia_altima/media/20130610_193112_zps7e76b670.jpg.html)

vixen_w202
06-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Just as a note, not in a rush to sell....just kind of have hit everything I want to do to the car and I'm kind of getting bored with it.

Vetruck
06-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Rule #1- Never put money into a car you are planning on selling ever.

Ive owned 7 cars in my life. 4 of them I still have, one I lost in a divorce, and the other 2 sold without ever putting a penny more than I had to in them. Cas are the biggest waste of money. You keep doing that you are hurting your future finances

You have a great car there you can drive for the next 20 years if you take care of it- replacement motors are fairly easy to find when that is needed. It beats the hell out of car payments.

vixen_w202
06-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah, possibly right...

Vetruck
06-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Yeah, possibly right...

I know Im right. The only thing at the end of the day that makes you happy is it started, it got you there, and it looked decent in doing so. Other than that, its just a car. There are alot of people in this world that would trade you for how they get around- be fortunate for what you have. A car does not make a person. Keep it, and take care of it.

Pwople always think they want something more than what they have. I have been fortunate in life to experience this first hand with many cars. As you are probably aware, I am a professional driving instructor with a high end exotic car company. I have had the pleasure to rip on cars I could not afford to own. I also see what a pain in the but they are to try and drive normal also as well as the cost of ownership in maintinace and insurance. All for what? statis? If your car gives you pleasure to get in- put the radio on- and go where you need to go? then its all you need- trust me. I have that 600hp garage queen and unless its on a race track- its a total waste of money that just sits there because its too much to drive comfortably. People think they would want it, but drive it for a day around So Cal and you'd change your mind real quick on what is a good sensible car to use everyday. You have a very nice cars for that purpose- its why I bought one.

vixen_w202
06-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Vetruck, I love your blunt honesty. Serious!

I love my car, just sometimes I whine because it's a little too purpose built now. For daily commutes and trips to the store it's not so pleasant anymore. But it EATS canyons. I had a buddy drive it, he just abused it and it asked for more.

Vetruck
06-25-2013, 08:19 PM
For daily commutes and trips to the store it's not so pleasant anymore

You have me curious with that statement. It the ride unpleasantly stiff for cruising around? Maybe youa re riding on the bumpstops? or are the H&R springs that much stiffer in rate over the OEM springs- I was under the impression they are close to the OEM rates but just made shorter? It is hard to get feelback from anyone on here about springs, but I personally feel my car needs alot more spring rate than what I have- even wwith the stiffer compression valved Koni's

vixen_w202
06-25-2013, 09:31 PM
You have me curious with that statement. It the ride unpleasantly stiff for cruising around? Maybe youa re riding on the bumpstops? or are the H&R springs that much stiffer in rate over the OEM springs- I was under the impression they are close to the OEM rates but just made shorter? It is hard to get feelback from anyone on here about springs, but I personally feel my car needs alot more spring rate than what I have- even wwith the stiffer compression valved Koni's

It is bearable but not mercedes plush, but asking that from a sport suspension kit seems silly to me. I guess from my experience you can either have the ride hard but fun or plush but spongy.

Also keep in mind I live in the high desert, roads are far more ill kept than the LA Metro area. Lots of bumps and major potholes.

Going into it I wanted to build a daily driver but no compromises canyon carver. I did that, but my daily driving results were mixed.

Denlasoul
06-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Please contact seller if interested in buying the car. Thanks!