PDA

View Full Version : Help my obdii is dead!

RobertCarew
06-27-2013, 09:28 AM
My obdii is dead the fuses are good and the bulb is good but no scanner will connect...when I turn the key the cel don't even come on. I have tried all I can think of to try but nothing works and I can't find a fix online has anyone else had this problem?

Its a 95 c280

Sulaco
06-27-2013, 12:54 PM
CARB (OBDII) module is underneath kick panel on passenger side (right side) floor pan. The back part that angles up, under the dashboard. Remove floor mat, pull the carpet down from the top (or remove carpet entirely). You'll see a metal panel with a wire running behind it to connect to a box. That box is the CARB module which controls OBDII. It's bad.

RobertCarew
06-27-2013, 01:28 PM
I was afraid of that...next question is how to order one...I have a manual here that's shows 2 CARB modules the difference is the pins are different, will I have to match part numbers when ordering?

Denlasoul
06-28-2013, 05:25 AM
I was afraid of that...next question is how to order one...I have a manual here that's shows 2 CARB modules the difference is the pins are different, will I have to match part numbers when ordering?
Likely. There are several parts that are matched up by VIN#. You can call the dealer or any place that carries the part to find the exact module.

Sulaco
06-28-2013, 05:32 AM
I got lucky. My alternator overcharged and fried a ton of shit on my 94 C280. I bought a 95 C280 with a blown engine and swapped out all the fried parts and it worked like new.