PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to fit a 16" wiper to the back of a C240 estate?

les.tansey
07-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Les, 19, and I have recently been given a silver S202 by my dad. I really love the car and am planning on doing some restoration work with regards to the bodywork and also making a few subtle styling modifications; one of which is fitting aero wipers front and rear. My question is, as the title says: can 16" wiper blades be installed on the rear window of an S202? It currently has a 15.5" wiper blade on and it looks like it has very little clearance and I'm wondering whether anyone has successfully fitted a 16" wiper on their car? It would just save me having to take a gamble in buying a wiper that would not fit.

Best Regards,

Les.

Abbaso
07-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Welcome

jc1kz
07-02-2013, 10:22 AM
What year? Most auto stores/places will let you take a wiper out to the car and mock test fit it to see if it'll fit...but if 15.5 barly has clearance then you probably should be using a 15inch wiper...there should be 1 inch - 1 1/2 clearance from the edges, when the wiper makes the sweep....you can varify this also at the auto store have them look it up and see what is the correct fit/size

(to give an accurate response a model year is needed...it is possible to fit the 16 inch if you don't mind it wearing out on the end, and possibly having the metal edge scrap the glass)