PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise

98Benzo
07-14-2013, 07:51 PM
So for the passed couple months my car has been making this clicking sound that sounds like its coming from the exhaust. I replaced my muffler a month or so ago with a magnaflow thinking this would solve the issue. I can only hear it when I accelerate and when I am driving in the lane closest to the curb. Somebody told me if could be my heat shield hitting the exhaust therefore causing it to rattle and make that noise. I am going to rip off the heat shield to see if this is my problem. Can anybody think of anything else?? I baby my car and it looks great and still sounds good with the magnaflow but that damn clicking noise is driving me insaneeee!!!

vaspen
07-15-2013, 04:38 PM
take the heat shield off (temporary ) and use one of those extendable mechanic's mirrors to look for a crack in the exhaust manifold
it could be a small crack doing it and if its only when you hammer-down it could very well be that just sounds like a leak to me :)

hope I helped in my exhaust-ism

hipnimahop
09-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Hi, I have a.c230 with 238km and I have the exact same problem, have you found what it was? I think its the mid drive shaft bearings Thnx

98Benzo
09-28-2014, 07:41 PM
No I haven't really been looking into it lately. The noise got progressively worse over the past few months too. I still think its my exhaust because I found a small leak around the SHIT weld job the muffler shop did. Before I store it for winter its going in for oil change and have my mechanic check out the leak and see if that solves the issue. If not I will look into that drive shaft bearing you are mentioning.