PDA

View Full Version : Muffler Deleted

sako818
07-24-2013, 11:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaEV3QoLllY

Recently did a muffler delete replaced with straight pipe. Doesnt sound loud at all. Sounds deep but i have a question. Would replacing the resonator with straight pipe make a difference? What will be the pros and the cons of doing that? Dont comment saying its going to be too loud cuz its not. If you personally dont know what it will sound like i dont need too know what you think it will sound like.

Here is the link again to my exhaust in a parking structure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaEV3QoLllY

John Jones Jr.
07-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Yeah, that's sounds good, better than my C230K with the delete. Hard to beat a sweet six cylinder.

vaspen
07-27-2013, 01:09 PM
just factory muffler no res or cats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNYuR8_nCJA&feature=player_embedded

sako818
07-27-2013, 01:24 PM
lol i wouldnt do that. personally i dont like that sound dont be mad at me haha. i like how mine is deep and i want it like a little louder not like this though thanks for your video anways.

sako818
07-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Yeah, that's sounds good, better than my C230K with the delete. Hard to beat a sweet six cylinder.

Thanks budd :cool:

vaspen
07-27-2013, 01:28 PM
ah my bad I didn't realize u had a 280
mines a 230 k s

but I do plan on doing a borla xr1 race muffler (multi core) with dual outlet :)

sako818
07-27-2013, 01:33 PM
ah my bad I didn't realize u had a 280
mines a 230 k s

but I do plan on doing a borla xr1 race muffler (multi core) with dual outlet :)

Wow i cant wait to hear a video of that. What do you recommend me doing keep it like this? or remove resonators as well or anything else?

vaspen
07-27-2013, 01:35 PM
u want deeper right ?
I would put on a magnaflow mag part #14815 with both resonators off im shure theres a tube vid up somewere

my jeep has a s6 4.0 straight pipe with a flow master 40 no drone deep LOUD overall good but little back pop and that's what im after
the flowmaster 40s is quite far back on my jeep also
with this muffler placement counts also the closer a muffler is to the headers the meaner it will be but at a cost
the xr1 is gonna go where the cat would to give me a mean sound and duals running out the rest of the way with nice weld on tips :)

sako818
07-27-2013, 01:37 PM
u want deeper right ?

well now its deep but its not loud enough so i want it louder but i dont want it to sound like a tractor lol

sako818
07-27-2013, 01:42 PM
u want deeper right ?
I would put on a magnaflow mag part #14815 with both resonators off im shure theres a tube vid up somewere

my jeep has a s6 4.0 straight pipe with a flow master 40 no drone deep LOUD overall good but little back pop and that's what im after
the flowmaster 40s is quite far back on my jeep also
with this muffler placement counts also the closer a muffler is to the headers the meaner it will be but at a cost
the xr1 is gonna go where the cat would to give me a mean sound and duals running out the rest of the way with nice weld on tips :)

Yeah i was thinking of driving like this for a while and save a few bucks and than buy magnaflow and do a resonator delete.

vaspen
07-27-2013, 01:42 PM
lol I know I have to fix the tractor sound ;P

vaspen
07-27-2013, 01:44 PM
watch all 3 of my vids on here :)

sako818
07-27-2013, 01:45 PM
watch all 3 of my vids on here :)

I have seen them :cool:

So what you think should i do a reso delete or keep it like this?

vaspen
07-27-2013, 02:05 PM
id say try it, talk to the mechanic saying hey id like to hear what it would sound like without the res (they heavy btw)
try and cut it to where you can reweld it back on with a straight pipe that's all I can say but def you should replace the resonater with a hiflow cat and see what that sounds like
because for one lighter less restrictive still good with emisions and you still keep back pressure at a medium

sako818
07-27-2013, 02:16 PM
id say try it, talk to the mechanic saying hey id like to hear what it would sound like without the res (they heavy btw)
try and cut it to where you can reweld it back on with a straight pipe that's all I can say but def you should replace the resonater with a hiflow cat and see what that sounds like
because for one lighter less restrictive still good with emisions and you still keep back pressure at a medium

alright bro thanks for your help ill see what happens.

vaspen
07-27-2013, 02:41 PM
as the oh great guru of exhaust (my father lol he been doing it for over 30 years ) its only gonna be a trial and error with exhaust