PDA

View Full Version : Oil change? or lunch break?

Vetruck
07-29-2013, 05:37 PM
I just got home 30 mins ago from stopping at the autoarts store on the way to grab a few oil filters for this car. Now I've seen that little black cap on the top of the motor for the last few months of owning this car(edit: refering to the oil filter cover) and figured I hope this would not be messy, but it makes sense the oil would probably drain right downward when the engine is off so hopefully nothing will seep over and down the side of the motor.

I basically pulled the filter out of the box on the 5 minute drive home and saw how long it is and figured-yea- it shouldn't spil if its that deep.. before you know it, in my good clothes still I remind all, I have the jack under the car to lift it about 4 inches, slap a towel down and grab the drippan and a 13mm, plop down and crack it open. I get back up and grap my filter strap (thinking to myself, "This is going to be a bitch to get loose") and it loosens right up and spins off in less than a minute without a drip. I button everything back up and pour 6 qts in and am in the house in about 15, maybe 18 minutes....still in my good clothes and jsut a few little grease markes on my hands that I am wiping with a clean towel.

I have never seen an easier car to change oil on. Good thing because if I would have messed up another good set of clothing I would be in the dog house with the boss for not changing into something grubby. I'm notorious for that.

Vetruck
07-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Damn near took me longer to write this...lol

vaspen
07-29-2013, 11:22 PM
ill give you props man lol XD now you should try a ford excursion
may have some slight size diff but Its about the size of a ostrich egg

its one of *Dem* filters you punch a small hole in to lighten it up

202brabus
07-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Lunch break

RemoLexi
07-31-2013, 11:24 AM
I'd recommend to all to purchase the oil filter tool, it's relatively inexpensive and most of us here seem to do the task ourselves. It's the same tool for all 202 engine variations. (don't remember about the diesel ones)

The 111 (4cyl) are pretty easy, the inline 6's are a little tighter back at the firewall. V6&V8 202's are cake.

And also, if ever worried about having oil spew out the side of the housing, I always loosen them and allow air to fill in and gravity to pull the oil down (BMW's always spew out the housing like shit)