PDA

View Full Version : 205/55/16 tires

Erica
08-15-2013, 02:15 PM
what are you using and why?
What I want is a quiet smooth ride with decent wet weather grip.
Should I go with:
Goodyear, Cooper, Michelin, Bridgestone ,Firestone, Nokian etc.
What is your experience with your tires?
I drive my car about 7k a year.
My car came with Federal tires on it which are not good imho and I would not recomend this brand to anyone.
Thanks
Erica
I am in Portland OR which has decent weather most of the year and quite a bit of rain for the fall winter and spring....approx 45 inches a year.

wichipong
08-15-2013, 10:30 PM
i had bridgestone potenzas... they were ok...

John Jones Jr.
08-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Bridgestone here too. I've had Federals before on my old 190E 2.6 and can't say I'd any issues with those either, what's the problem with yours?

Erica
08-16-2013, 11:39 AM
uneven wear,useless in the wet,noisy, and they are coming apart.......Me no likey.

John Jones Jr.
08-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Uneven wear is not caused by the tyres. Yep, I could well accept that they are not the best tyre in the wet, that goes for noise too. From what I recall they were a lot cheaper than the premium brands like Michelin & Continental etc but a new set of Feds or similar would still no doubt transform you car judging by what you've said about the current condition of your tyres now. At only 7k miles per year personally I consider value for money & probably opt for a medium rather than a premium band. But if money is not an issue buy the very best, I would if I could every time.