PDA

View Full Version : Ia- 1996 c36 amg - $2500

TurboIS_DJ
09-05-2013, 05:31 PM
I purchased this car a few months ago for a project car. When I got it, the drivers side rear axle was unhooked and supposedly the bolts had came loose. I towed it home and surprisingly put new bolts on and its been fine ever since.

I have given the car a lot of love mechanically speaking. But I have two C36's and multiple other projects going on at the moment and I really just need to sell it and focus on other things.

So far, here is a list of the maintenance I have had done.
Engine oil change (20w50 Castrol)
Trans oil change along with new filter/pan gasket (ATF was surprisingly clean already, but did a full fluid swap with Mobil Synthetic)
Diff oil change
Coolant flush
New fuel filter
New OE spark plugs (it had iridium plugs in it, also appeared a coil pack had been replaced)
New air filter
New serpentine belt
New battery
New radiator (I hit a raccoon, somehow caused a pinhole leak)
New upper radiator hose (was splitting near clamp so I replaced it with the radiator)
New rear upper control arms
New rear upper/forward control arms
New rear lower control arms
New master window control switches

Now onto the cons...

Cosmetically, the car needs some love. It is mostly the interior though.
There is a small cut in the front passenger side seat.
The rear parcel shelf is hacked/missing. Apparently a branch had fell onto the back window during a storm and broke the window and messed up the shelf. For whatever reason, the guy I bought it from had cut out part of the parcel shelf, removed the speakers back there and threw a black blanket over it.
There is no radio in it at the moment, and the wood trim is broken beneath the radio.
The headliner is saggy, and there is no headliner material on the sunroof panel.

As far as the exterior, it is pretty clean compared to the interior. Besides the front bumper that is.
The front bumper was cracked in a few spots when I purchased the car, and then I hit the largest raccoon I've ever seen and it cracked it even worse.
The center part of the lower grill was mostly broken off, so I broke it off completely. The drivers side fog light lens was cracked, hitting the coon broke the lens off completely. I removed both fog lights and was going to just install a mesh grill across the whole lower opening of the bumper.

I blacked out all of the chrome on the car with black plasti-dip. The roof was wrapped in vinyl already when I got the car, so I blacked out the wheels/grill/chrome and smoked the tail lights. It is all completely removable though if you disagree with the look.

It also has aftermarket yellow Bilstein struts and appears to be lowered, although the springs appear to be stock.

Its got 209k miles on it and runs good, I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.
I am located in Vinton, IA.
I am asking $2500, which I feel is very fair considering the amount of work and money I have put into the car so far. But if you are interested, message me your offer and maybe we can work out a deal.

It would make a great daily driver or project car for someone considering the issues it has are mostly cosmetic and easy fixes. I had planned on fixing everything, but I have no time between work and my other projects.

This is the only picture I have at the moment, it was taken a few weeks ago and the emblems are now black. But I will take more pictures this Saturday when I get home.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/yamadjs08/20130811_132357.jpg

TurboIS_DJ
09-10-2013, 02:10 PM
New cam position sensor installed!

Any offers? I need this gone!

TurboIS_DJ
09-16-2013, 05:17 PM
$2000, great price for a great car.

CEL is now gone with the new MAF and CPS, along with a freshly cleaned EGR.

anf6789
09-16-2013, 05:54 PM
jesus someone buy this. and beat on it like it deserves

TurboIS_DJ
09-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Last 2 remaining rear control arms replaced! Just got a 4 wheel alignment also!

Benzon
10-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Wonder if it would make the drive down to Tampa.

TurboIS_DJ
10-09-2013, 06:06 AM
It would no doubt. Realistically the car needs a new OEM MAF sensor though. I bought a new ebay cheapo one and it idles and drives fine but is down on power. With the MAF unplugged it runs fine also, pulls good, but idles funny. To be at 100% power/efficiency it should have a new OE MAF though.

Also, the diff had some play in it and made a slight clunk when letting off the throttle. I just swapped a good diff out of a 96' C280 with 130k miles on it, same gear ratios. Nice and quiet now!

I have sunk way to much money in it already and will be losing money at $2000. But I need the money.

TurboIS_DJ
10-09-2013, 06:22 AM
More pictures can be seen on my Craigslist ad. Also PM and I can send some pictures of the cosmetic issues.
http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/4059319278.html

Benzon
10-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I want this thing as I've been away from 202's for awhile now. Flights there however do not seem to come cheap enough to justify it.

Sulaco
10-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Pm incoming

Benzon
10-10-2013, 04:28 AM
If he doesn't pick it up I'm still interested. GLWS.

Cabbie7
01-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Pm a deal and ill have it shipped to Texas!

Sulaco
01-04-2014, 05:15 PM
I was 100% committed to buy, but seller turned into a ghost and stopped responding.

Bought another C43 instead. Not sure what happened here.

TurboIS_DJ
01-08-2014, 01:29 PM
My bad! Car was sold locally not long after listed.

I always forget about this forum.