PDA

View Full Version : pulled fenders

vaspen
09-11-2013, 05:53 PM
this isn't rolling this is pulling has anyone ever done this and if so has it turned out good ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pSwg8fcR5Eo

wichipong
09-11-2013, 06:44 PM
fender rolling is to roll the inside... the video is for pulling if you're running a very agressive set-up... haven't done it to my car but have done it on other cars.. of course with the right tools it will be what you form it to be...

what seems to be your concern/s?

SD202
09-12-2013, 08:07 AM
yup... lots of fenders. lots of ways. My w202 was the first car I ever did. no good ever comes from it. Don't pull the fenders on your w202. Especially if they are the pre face lift bodies. those rears are extremely thick in the rear and if you arent careful or have any idea what you're doing you WILL buckle the entire quarter panel. just pay to have them cut, welded, & resprayed if youre trying to go that wide. The only way to make wide wheels look right unless you like the whole fender fucked/ bacon fender look. I rocked that for a while. its "the scene" and what the cool kids are doing. but honestly it never turns out right unless its reshaped. and will look like garbage. I learned the hard way and will not be touching the fenders on my new W202 except a slight roll and trim here and there to tuck the rims. but the fronts seem to be rolled slightly already so that is nice.

TurboIS_DJ
09-12-2013, 06:04 PM
I haven't had any rubbing issues on my C36 and I'm running 19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear.
It's also lowered two inches. My tires are stretched a bit though, and I believe the AMG's came with rolled fenders already. Unless someone has previously rolled mine, but either way they are flat as can be.

vaspen
09-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Well I dropped it about 2? 3? Inches I'm running 19 somthins lol I rub under hard breaking and cornering with a hair of bump rub it just needs the oh so listlesst pull or outwards push and I never looked but how hard is the wheel whell shields to get out ? °.° and I want lower XD I think lol

SD202
09-13-2013, 10:11 AM
I haven't had any rubbing issues on my C36 and I'm running 19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear.
It's also lowered two inches. My tires are stretched a bit though, and I believe the AMG's came with rolled fenders already. Unless someone has previously rolled mine, but either way they are flat as can be.

yes the amgs are pre rolled. My c280 was not and had super thick rear quarter panels. My 99 c43 has factory rolled front fenders and paper thin rear quarters in comparison to the 96
i run a 19x10 +19 ET with a 225/35/19. and it still rubbed they were rolled and pulled beyond the body of the car even. its just how the 202 is really. almost everyone i know who had setup their 202 aggressively has rubbed a lil back there at point or another

Well I dropped it about 2? 3? Inches I'm running 19 somthins lol I rub under hard breaking and cornering with a hair of bump rub it just needs the oh so listlesst pull or outwards push and I never looked but how hard is the wheel whell shields to get out ? °.° and I want lower XD I think lol

if its not an amg you can have the fenders rolled flat and that will clear up a lot of rubbing. but please. for gods sake. DO NOT pull the fenders. Ive made that mistake myself and would highly advise against it. even with a roller it will look like shit and ruin the body lines of your car. pay to have them professionally widened if you want to go for that look.

vaspen
09-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Good thing my dad is a master fabricator form the olden ways LOL but it's hard for him to do it with his back but ight I won't pull I just need the lips roles a little more as mine has all amg stuff but it's not a amg? It's odd lol u can order like that .. but my bad there actually 235*40*18 if I remember what he said they were

SD202
09-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Good thing my dad is a master fabricator form the olden ways LOL but it's hard for him to do it with his back but ight I won't pull I just need the lips roles a little more as mine has all amg stuff but it's not a amg? It's odd lol u can order like that .. but my bad there actually 235*40*18 if I remember what he said they were

you could probably step it down to 235/35/18 to gain a bit of clearance, A slight roll should do it. thats a pretty thin tire already. whats the rim width & offset ? 9.5in +35 ?

vaspen
09-14-2013, 09:49 AM
No idea atm but there wide haha but remember I still need to ditch the covers in the wheel wells but the left tire is farther forward and I'm afraid it's hha rip my bumper off cans I pull right there out a little without any real repercussions?

c230
10-28-2013, 11:30 AM
even with a roller it will look like shit and ruin the body lines of your car. pay to have them professionally widened if you want to go for that look.

You can pull the rear fenders but welding will be involved because you have to grind the quarter free, pull it, then re-weld it. I did this on my old w124 to fit 18x9s.