PDA

View Full Version : so i got some codes

vaspen
09-23-2013, 06:59 PM
firstly I did look up the codes I had 7 in order here they are

-p0422
You have just had a low voltate issue and the computer will store all sorts of faults because of this. Reset the computer and start from there. By this I mean reset and clear the fault codes, road test the car and check again. ) or o2 sensors or cats clog

-p0500
(If the ABS light comes on it indicates a problem with the ABS system like a wheel speed sensor with loose connection, which also lights up the other lights. The P0500 is read from the engine controller and indicates there is a VSS vehicle speed sensor problem: P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction)

-p1747 came up twice I think its for stupid lights I fixed ?
(faulty fuse ? code was for an intermittent CAN BUS electrical connection for either the transmission control module or the instrument cluster.)

-p0720 Diagnostic trouble code is detected when Transmission Control Module (TCM) does not receive the proper voltage signal from the sensor.

-p0105-•Poor running engine
•Engine runs rich •Engine won't idle •Engine backfires through tailpipe
•Engine misfire under load or at idle •MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) illumination •In some extreme cases there may be no symptoms other than MIL illumination
(did have a small miss but went away)

-p1519 -this one worrys me I hope it dosent come back
code is the camshaft magnet on the front of the engine is coding up. These things typically leak oil into the harness
I got from benz world this part (We have a 1999 c230K and it has a MAP sensor and a MAF sensor, and I think the 2000 model is the same. For us, the P0105 and P1519 codes were cured simply by reinserting a dislodged nylon vacuum line back into the the rubber tubing that leads to the MAP sensor. This vacuum line (broken or split) was the problem with the following people's P0105 code also:
))

we cleared them out with our modis scanner from snapon and none have come back so far :D
but I still need to clear the star codes anyone near by got a scanner :3

vaspen
09-24-2013, 09:38 PM
so.. something that can cause p1519 and p0105 to come up is a little vacuum line sitting on the driver side to a sensor, follow that line to the y connecter I had a hose pop out fixed it and the codes went away