PDA

View Full Version : 1999 C

Tassie
09-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Hello;

We have a 1999 C230K that has a manual climate control system. We have two issues with the climate control system that I need help to resolve:

1) Can't direct enough heat into the footwells on really cold days. I understand that this requires a flap adjustment. However, I was not able to find out how to do this. So far we've lived with the occasional discomfort.

2) Recently, when the A/C is on, the driver's side gets cold air and the passenger side gets warm air through the centre vents. Yes, both temperature selectors are positioned identically.

I've gone through many searches, at other MB sites and cannot get the information that is necessary. I believe that it may be a vacuum fault however I need more info to verify. I have the Bentley service manual but it only covers the automatic climate control and very poorly at that. No vacuum diagram either! Is there a factory shop manual available for the W202 similar to what is available for the W124?

Therefore, I would really appreciate assistance to diagnose and repair these two problems. I have not completed a vacuum test as I need a vacuum diagram before beginning. I would really appreciate someone providing a vacuum diagram (or a functional link to the diagram) of the vehicle.

Are the two issues related? Is there a relay that is faulty? Is the duovalve faulty? Is the stepper motor/blending device at fault? How do I test? Do I have to remove the dash to do this or can I access parts through the console?

Any further direction on sorting this out would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Paul