PDA

View Full Version : Replaced front driver side Door

arar_hany
10-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

So my 98 c280 driver side door got hit, found a recycled one which was identical to mine... then I installed it.
Now the problem is my SRS light went on after the installation. I'm assuming the Airbag module in that door is defective?? or do I need to reset something... anyone had a problem like this before?

Thanks in advance!

RemoLexi
10-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Make sure the plug is connected. If you got hit but the side airbag didn't blow, it's probably a loose connection

arar_hany
10-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Make sure the plug is connected. If you got hit but the side airbag didn't blow, it's probably a loose connection

Well, it wasn't a hard collision...
I never had the SRS light on before until I changed that door
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vsmcqt.jpg

jc1kz
10-05-2013, 02:31 AM
It may not have been a hard hit but when the SRS was unplugged, to switch out the doors, it set off the closed circuit and now it thinks it is an open circuit, hence the SRS light is on. I heard (I never had to check) but that SRS light has to be reset by MB Dealer or certified mechanic that has the star system...(just my two cents)

Was it less expensive to switch out the door than it was to repair it ????

RemoLexi
10-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Yea if you flipped the ignition on to test fit the window you probably did set off the SRS light.

Very easy reset Via SDS but there are other scanners that can reset SRS lights. You can try and ask a local Pep boys or equivalent if they have something to scan and clear codes

arar_hany
11-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Yea if you flipped the ignition on to test fit the window you probably did set off the SRS light.

Very easy reset Via SDS but there are other scanners that can reset SRS lights. You can try and ask a local Pep boys or equivalent if they have something to scan and clear codes

Thanks Remo, I'll check on that.

W202FTW
11-23-2013, 05:37 PM
The next time you disconnect an SRS related item it helps to disconnect the battery and leave it for several minutes.