PDA

View Full Version : New Set up

koko202
10-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Finally got my car back last night. Had the bilstein sports installed on my c43. Also i did the stop tech high carbon rotors with jurid pads for the front and the zimmerman with the textstar for the rear. Car feels amazing highly recommended to those looking for a sportier ride. While doing all this I had the motor mounts replaced oil change and trans service.Car feels solid.

Dearlove
10-16-2013, 04:49 AM
carbon rotors? they would have cost more than the car?

koko202
10-16-2013, 08:15 AM
They are not full carbon, plus I am a auto parts whole seller so stoptech really hooked me up. My boss is very close friend with stop tech and got me an amazing deal. Everything with the brakes, shocks, trans service oil change motor mounts cost me about 1500 with original mercedes parts.

Vetruck
10-16-2013, 10:11 AM
carbon rotors? they would have cost more than the car?

Dearlove, Stoptech developed a proprietory meteal rotor back in 2007 that instead of using regular iron, they are using a form of Chromemoly rotor. I have been watching these things for years seeing if there is any prone to become brittle like ChromeMoly does when weleded- but it appears the rotors are in fact showing better overall results everywhere when compared to regular iron rotors...and they are not that much more in cost then regular rotors. They are not Carbon ceramic, so don;t mistake that at all, they are high carbon steel which is completely different.

ChromeMoly needs to be heat treated to "normalize the metal molucules after welding . this heat treatment blends the molecules after the high heat of welding fractures them. I was sckeptical that a ChromeMoly rotor would hold up to extreme heat of overbraking, but it appears the rotors never in any way get close to the heat of welding.