PDA

View Full Version : P0140 1998 slk230

DKV Euro
10-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Good day folks.

I'm Don and have retired from 45 years of automotive work. I was referred here from mercedesshop.com aka Peach Parts.

I do still have a couple of clients who 'just won't go away'....one of whom owns this machine in question.
The question being.....What is the 'Logic Chain' Mercedes uses to operate the AIR via the kompressor ?

My post on mercedesshop.com is located here : http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/tech-help/345202-p0410-1998-170-slk-230-a.html#post3230834

I have replaced the Change-Over valve due to it not passing vacuum no matter what configuration of port/signal/voltage...pulsed or otherwise.

If you have read the post I made at the above link, you will be up to speed. I need to find out why at any coolant temperature no vacuum signal gets to the Flow Valve to admit AIR flow to the engine exhaust . Has anyone scoped the PWM signal CPU/ECU sends to the Change-Over valve.?

Is there a lower threshold temperature at which AIR flows nearly 100% where i should see a few inches of vacuum at the flow valve??

regards

dk