PDA

View Full Version : Front Shim Pads

bc24
11-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Okay, so yesterday I had my suspension looked at because of squeaking noise that they fixed and I asked the guy to find out what number shim pads I have in the front. The guy told me that I had #4's because he felt 4 ridges. Is this possible? I thought that the 202 only had pads that went up to #3 in the front and #5 in the back. The car is a 2000 280 sport. Thanks for any help. P.S.- If I go to a #1, how much drop do you think that I will get? Maybe a 1/4 inch?

Denlasoul
11-04-2003, 11:58 AM
I think its possible to have a 4 up front. If you did reduce to a #1, it would be about 12 mm difference (I believe that its 4mm per size).

jnolte
11-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Yeah Brandon i think you should switch to a #1 pad!!! For that extra nice low drop!!!

98_Benzo
11-04-2003, 12:31 PM
I switched to Tampax pads and that made a world of a difference....Actually I don't know what size of pads I have in my car. Although I have heard changing the pads won't do to much to the lowering of your car bisides the amount that Den said. But, in the world of lowering.....every millimeter matters!!!LOL:D

jnolte
11-04-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by 98_Benzo
I switched to Tampax pads and that made a world of a difference....Actually I don't know what size of pads I have in my car. Although I have heard changing the pads won't do to much to the lowering of your car bisides the amount that Den said. But, in the world of lowering.....every millimeter matters!!!LOL:D

Hmmmm i think he should CUT CUT CUT!!!!!! HAck those springs down to proper drop size!!!!

JRE320
11-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by 98_Benzo

LOl! you switched to tampax I did'nt know that men used this. :D :p :D

98_Benzo
11-04-2003, 02:10 PM
LOl! you switched to tampax I did'nt know that men used this.

Actually JRE, it's more of a comfort thing....and I think more guys should try it, it's really comfortable. I usually tend to go for a thicker pad, not to thick and not to thin, just in the middle.....now we are talking about spring pads, right? Cause "Tampax" is the name of the company that made my spring pads.

J Irwan
11-04-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by bc24
Okay, so yesterday I had my suspension looked at because of squeaking noise that they fixed and I asked the guy to find out what number shim pads I have in the front. The guy told me that I had #4's because he felt 4 ridges. Is this possible? I thought that the 202 only had pads that went up to #3 in the front and #5 in the back. The car is a 2000 280 sport. Thanks for any help. P.S.- If I go to a #1, how much drop do you think that I will get? Maybe a 1/4 inch?

you got it backwards

since you have 2000 W202
you should have newer pad (W210 part number)
in which the thickest is pad#5 front and pad#4 rear..

Regardz,

marksbenz
11-04-2003, 08:21 PM
my 95 had #4 fronts and #1 rears

speedybenz
11-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Going from #4 to #1 pads will give you about 1/2" drop.

Jeff