PDA

View Full Version : Lack of power

mairenag202
12-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Over the years my 1995 c280 has clearly lost some of it's power. The gas pedal is unbelievably unresponsive. I was wondering if there were some simple tricks/not too expensive mods I could put in to bring it back to somewhat factory settings/better.

Also: is there even a point of getting a cold air intake if I live in south Florida?

SD202
12-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Over the years my 1995 c280 has clearly lost some of it's power. The gas pedal is unbelievably unresponsive. I was wondering if there were some simple tricks/not too expensive mods I could put in to bring it back to somewhat factory settings/better.

Also: is there even a point of getting a cold air intake if I live in south Florida?

I had the same problem with my 96 c280, the remedy.... got a C43. LOL on a more serious note have you done all the simple things ? MAF , air filters, spark plugs, wires ignition coilis fuel filter all these things can bring a little life back into an older high mile car . Those are a few of the things i changed on my c280 it was a M104 also and had very high miles.

mairenag202
12-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Haha if only I could get one! I changed the MAF (Which seemed to fix my idling problem)& spark plugs but haven't had a chance to change the other stuff. How many miles did you have? I'm about to hit 250,000

SD202
12-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Haha if only I could get one! I changed the MAF (Which seemed to fix my idling problem)& spark plugs but haven't had a chance to change the other stuff. How many miles did you have? I'm about to hit 250,000

I was about to hit 190k on the c280 when i sold her. Im at 208k on the 43. 202s from my personal experience have their fair share of issues but both of mine never failed to get me from point a to point b even with serious issues like when the trans went out on my c280. The common failure was the b3 band in the trans which causes reverse gear to fail. I had no warning signs like slipping or nething of that nature just out the blue reverse wouldnt work. But this didnt keep me from using the car or getting where i need to go ever. even with a 2 cyl misfire i was able to crawl home from the beach its a 25 mile drive ! / end rant. LOL