PDA

View Full Version : warning light?/s

vaspen
12-12-2013, 08:31 AM
I have a random light that comes on and off when I hit the breaks called the dealership and he was a idiot ...
But here is a pic but it may be good to post all the lights and meanings for all
( mobile page it's the light under the 160 it's a ring with 3 dashes on each side )

vaspen
12-12-2013, 08:35 AM

RemoLexi
12-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Brake pads are wasted.

When the pads wear the sensor on them touches the rotor, triggers the light. Goes away and comes back when your on the brakes.

SD202
12-12-2013, 09:37 AM
its beginning to look a lot like christmasss !!! lol yup, you own a 202. lol brakes need changing like remo said. As for the SRS light and BAS ASR.... that could be a multitude of issues , from what i know when my buddy had those lights pop up on his 210 you are better off living with them as it can cost thousands to fix depending on what the exact issue is.

vaspen
12-12-2013, 10:09 AM
I was in the market to buy one of them Chinese star scanners with laptops :3
But I can do about 75 of work to most cars but my airbag light is on in the center console so I think my lights are associated with that

SD202
12-12-2013, 10:15 AM
I was in the market to buy one of them Chinese star scanners with laptops :3
But I can do about 75 of work to most cars but my airbag light is on in the center console so I think my lights are associated with that

maybe just a bad passenger side air bag sensor? heard of the srs light coming on because of bad sensors in the seat belt latching mechanism as well. I had a SRS light in my 280 because i removed the steering wheel & its air bag for an aftermarket wooden wheel and did not plug in the provided 2ohm resistor that momo sends with the W202 adapter hub to keep that circuit open. and the srs light off. My only experience with the SRS light was caused by my own mods.

RemoLexi
12-12-2013, 11:17 AM
BAS & ASR = brake lamp switch.

SRS probably occupancy weight sensor, they are a bitch to replace.

vaspen
12-12-2013, 05:45 PM
or maby I just need to loose some weight my car is saying dam buta u heavy lol XD jk
remolexi what would be the cause of the brake lamp switch like where is it at and all that

but yea ima get 4 break sensors and all new pads any sugettions ?

RemoLexi
12-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Brake lamp switch wears out, $35 part. It's located at the upper portion of your brake pedal.

You may not need 4 brake sensors, if I remember right not every corner had one. Also measure the rotor thickness, 75% chance the rotors are below spec and need be replaced

vaspen
12-12-2013, 07:27 PM
those are sloted and seem new ill def look when I go to check
I may of had a rear pad just unglue with all my burnouts I do XD

but I always do a whole swap when replacing break stuff
so I may aswell get new rotors too yay marry x mas to me too .... lol
ive always been told if your gonna do a break change might as well do all of them so you stop properly and don't pull to the side

RemoLexi
12-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Rotors all have a min thickness stamped on them, just get a cheap micrometer and see if they are above spec, and if there's no lip on the rotor you'll be fine to run them again.

A fat 2mm lip on the edge can cause squeal.

98Benzo
12-12-2013, 08:36 PM
This light came on in my car several weeks ago and I replaced pads and rotors all the way around. The pads I bought came with new sensors. I think they were called GBP or something like that and I used Zimmerman rotors.

vaspen
12-13-2013, 07:05 PM
I checked and I have the sloted cross drilled roters not shure the brand but I have expensive refract meters to check

funny thing today now the light dosnt come on all the time but she still comes on I think a senso shorted honestly but ima changem all anywhay

vaspen
12-17-2013, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkvENet_bzA
found this on tube