PDA

View Full Version : so i wana go lower BUT TURNING ?

vaspen
12-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Im already droped by 2?3? inches 181418151816
what I want is to go lower by another inch or so yea scrape lvls :3
but my worries is I have 18s and tires that are kinda soft but my speedo reads proper still
mostly the worries is keeping my turn radius without tearing off my fender ;P
my tires already sit just under the fender I can slide a ruler thru that's about it
(factory rolled )

I have bags I can slide inbetween the springs but im waiting to do that

vaspen
12-30-2013, 08:23 PM
I should have said I have been about 2 inches from pavement but that was in a thunderbird and I didn't have that issue with fenders being that low this car on the other hand .. I have a much bigger tire setup than a t-bird

kowalski
12-31-2013, 04:36 AM
well you'll have difficulties turning your steering wheel, it will scrape on front and it will for sure scrape when you drive your bitches in the backseat or having your trunk full with heavy stuff.
if this is a daily beater and you don't care much about this vehicle make it a test vehicle, mod it the way you want, some mods might work and look good and other mods might disapoint you?

i like your exhaust modification, is that an original system on recent bmw m3 models?
tires are great too, chinese no-name tires, they must be stiff like hockey pucks in winter.

roll your car in matte black paint, that will give it a stealth look with 4 pipes exhaust.
you'll get a mad max look

vaspen
12-31-2013, 07:43 AM
lol im changing to better tires asap :P
my exauhst is based off the corvets I always loved the 4 center tips most vets have

this is my daily driver but I do care about the car its meh baby lol
as for matte paint joby I haven't realy been a fan of it I would rather dish out 3 grand for a metallic black water paint :D
if I could find a set of lower springs for a 3 in drop (cheap or free :3) then yea id cut the ones I have to see how low I can go

kowalski
12-31-2013, 11:46 AM
i think h&r super sport versions are the lowest

you want cheap modifications, try and cut your factory springs remove 1½ to 2 coils, see what happens with your stance?
if you cut too much they are not that expensive at the junkyard.
also use the thinnest spring pads for an extra drop.
don't fogget the 4 wheel alignment when you're done.

change your tires for better ones after you did the spring modification.

vaspen
01-01-2014, 08:13 AM
well I already cut 2.5 coil off :) n im surprised it actualy isn't pogo effect but factory was still too soft for me
its hard to find a 202 up where I live ... sucks ...

wichipong
01-01-2014, 05:17 PM
what suspension are you running currently? if you're willing to spend 3 grand on a paint job, y not bag it?

vaspen
01-02-2014, 02:02 AM
I would if I had the money is what im saying I have 4 bags (or cyclender bags) that would fit inbetween the springs

but I cant afford a good compressor and tank till I start my new job n get situated agen beleave me if I didn't live in sutch a hilly place I would do it without question