PDA

View Full Version : lower spark plug boots

vaspen
02-02-2014, 05:51 PM
ok my issue is I had the car running peach 2 nights ago after clearing my cpu codes
yesterday I pulled my coils, wires, plugs to check the spark plugs for cracks to find my elusive miss
went to put it all back on and go for a drive and I must not have the lower boots set right or something because my miss is now very bad
now its not my first time under a hood but this miss is baffling

it has new 1month old ngk plugs, a new coil pack, and 2 new lower spark plug boots
I need to find this cause before I have another coilpack go out

I know my lower o2 sensor needs replaced but that wouldn't make it miss THIS bad

I hit 4k and it has no power from this miss it just sputters

now im going to replace the ngk with the factory bosh (ngk only gets up to 5.3k) and do all new spark plug wires/boots if it still prevails ima dish for a new maf/ coil pack :\

any opinions on the presumptuous/elusive miss ?

SupremeKawaii
02-02-2014, 10:42 PM
my benz ran a misfire after going 95 mph for about 30 minutes straight lol. popped the hood the next day and I noticed in the one of the boots was loose and wasnt snug like the others so i replaced it and it went away.

Sulaco
02-03-2014, 05:48 PM
what's the engine? pre-1998 cars (especially with the M104 straight six) do not like different plugs. You NEED properly gapped (0.32) Bosch OEM plugs (F8DC4, do not get FR8DC4, as they have an added resistor).

That's step 1. Are you using premium fuel?

vaspen
02-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Soon as I get my returns I'm goin deep with this thing and sorry it's a 00 c230 kompressor I'm also going to do a compression test to try to find my problem
and yes I only use 93 octane no matter how poor lol

Rondo
03-09-2014, 04:28 AM
Use a plug that has zero resistance those spark plug extensions have a built in resistance so a plug with any resistance is too much and will ruin a coil in half the time...