PDA

View Full Version : a high rpm choking need HELP no powa

vaspen
02-21-2014, 02:41 PM
~so I got new wires uper and lower
~new coil pack
~new spark plugs
~and breaks
at 25k and up under wot it wants to choke and sputter and only throws misfire codes but I just replaced all the spark
~did a compression test dry and wet and here is what I got
dry/wet 1-4
1~170/175
2~166/175
3~168/173
4~164/170
all constant so I know its not a internal issue, I did wait a little to release pressure stayed the same
checked my injectors ohms and they were all within 15-16ohms (unless there clogged ) goin thru all other options before I go this one :,(

my only options are now at this point is to do
1 a boost leak test
2 vacuum leak test with propane and a hose
3fuel filter

4is to do a fuel pressure test but I cant find my fuel pressure gauge or where to tap into
I have a 2000 c230 kompressor sport

can anyone help me this is getting annoying and I know its not my maf but ima shat a brick if it is

RemoLexi
02-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Fuel pump

mbsickness
02-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Fuel pump

This gets my vote. My car did the same thing when the fuel pump went bad.

RemoLexi
02-21-2014, 05:43 PM
My black C36 does that right now! Fuqn pos need to sell ASAP

Mbsickness, I just saw u added you got an XC60 R, I work on a lot of swede, those are pretty sick!! What color ? Sorry off topic

RemoLexi
02-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Tapping fuel pressure,

1st inspect the rail for a test port (I am not sure we have one) idk!

2nd have the correct fitting to fit in between the rail / pressure line.

3rd, quick cheap and dirty, buy a $10 plastic fuel pressure gauge and cut the fuel line.

mbsickness
02-21-2014, 06:43 PM
My black C36 does that right now! Fuqn pos need to sell ASAP

Mbsickness, I just saw u added you got an XC60 R, I work on a lot of swede, those are pretty sick!! What color ? Sorry off topic

It is Sapphire Black and has the beige accents in the black leather interior. The only thing it doesn't have is the Rear Seat Entertainment. I have been quite impressed with it as it handles really well and is faster than any CUV should be. If you like Swede cars you would like my 1971 Volvo 144S with 16K original miles and completely original.

vaspen
02-21-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm going to try my regulator and fuel filter first
if nogo I'll tap into the brass peace on the fuel rail
I'm assuming we need a adapter for a gauge on that one

vaspen
02-22-2014, 08:54 AM
replace my fuel pressure regulator and filter and she didn't wana feel like it would so we went to get the pump and lo-and behold it started to feel right half way out to the store lol gues it was just air pockets but it runs and has a compleat tune up :D

Update it seems to of just had a sliver of life left in the pump so I got a new one but now my s.c kicks off at wot so I'm going to replace the pump and see if it still dose it

vaspen
03-22-2014, 03:57 PM
issue has been completely resolved now with a maf from amazon