PDA

View Full Version : Need some understanding with the headlight on my c43 w202 please help

SnowwhiteMerc
02-26-2014, 08:27 PM
ok guys so here is my issue, i have a c43, (come standard with the factory h.i.d kit)....My low beams/position 1 does not illuminate any lights, i should be able to turn on either the low beams, or low beams + high beams together right? the indicator light does turn on indicating that i have an exterior lamp malfunction, i always assumed that it was because i have a burnt fog bulb out, so now my question is, the low beam bulb is apart from the high beam bulb correct? and how do i know its my bulb or if its my "stock" [which i dont know what it is] but going to some searching now,,anything will help,,,thanks

wichipong
02-27-2014, 05:40 PM
what year is your 43?

202brabus
02-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Yes the low beam and high beam lamp are separate. Do you mean stalk? I don't think your fog light will come on with your high beams at the same time(not 100% sure) Also if you have that illumination warning, why not fix the bulb that is out? That can be caused by license plate bulb being out or any exterior bulb.

SD202
03-01-2014, 10:04 AM
ok guys so here is my issue, i have a c43, (come standard with the factory h.i.d kit)....My low beams/position 1 does not illuminate any lights, i should be able to turn on either the low beams, or low beams + high beams together right? the indicator light does turn on indicating that i have an exterior lamp malfunction, i always assumed that it was because i have a burnt fog bulb out, so now my question is, the low beam bulb is apart from the high beam bulb correct? and how do i know its my bulb or if its my "stock" [which i dont know what it is] but going to some searching now,,anything will help,,,thanks

i think i may have figured it out. if you have factory xenon then the inside lights are your high beams because bi-xenon was not out yet. you still have halogean high beams where the inner "fog lights" are. they should turn on when you turn the high beam on. at least thats how mine operate. the car has actual fog lights so there is no need for the inner part to light up unless you need high beam.

Sulaco
03-02-2014, 03:32 AM
Sd202 is correct. That's how they work on my 98 C43. Pull out on headlight switch 1 click to engage fogs.

svt ricco
03-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Too add to the above post...2 clicks to engage rear fogs

SD202
03-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Too add to the above post...2 clicks to engage rear fogs

yup! two clicks up rear fogs come on, I havent had dense enough fog to use them ever, on either of my W202's