PDA

View Full Version : Miss-fire during shift or some other delay?

AMG KC
03-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Hi all :)

Ive noticed on my 99 C43 occationally the shift from 1st into 2nd seems a little delayed, however the trans has been recently serviced and given a clean bill of health.

What appears to be happening is at WOT and also close to wide open, i seem to either get a backfire or something else along those lines right as the throttle shuts for the shift. This can sometimes be felt as abit of a delay, around half a second at most, very much like the feeling of a sudden traction control intervention.

It seems very much as though the trans does its shift quick and smooth, yet either the revs dont come straight up when the throttle plate re-opens, or something else is causing a slight delay.

I know its not normal cause there is occations where it hasnt done that, and at 3/4 throttle it doesnt do it either.

Of all the videos i watched, seems none of those had a hessitation during 1st-2nd shift either.

Thanks in advance people :)

RemoLexi
03-05-2014, 07:47 AM
I've had them throw an exhuast pop in between shifts but a delay of some sort to me would suggest need for readaptation.

AMG KC
03-05-2014, 03:42 PM
I only just did that, and it didnt change anything at WOT.

I really wouldnt expect the WOT shift tables would be effected by learning.

RemoLexi
03-05-2014, 08:42 PM
How are you performing readaptation ?

AMG KC
03-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Same as in the video posted in a link on this forum. Hold WOT with key on for a couple minutes, turn key off for a minute, etc etc. It worked when i did that. Made a big difference to part throttle shifts which were previously very unpredictable, however it made zero difference to WOT shifts and i dont see why it would, the redline is still the same, the rev limiter is still the same, and the throttle cant get any more wide open than 100%.

Im not sure what part youre expecting should be different at WOT after a readaptation, i would expect it to be giving it's all at WOT every single time regardless of how it shifts at part throttle.