PDA

View Full Version : rims dont fit...

KenzBenz
11-06-2003, 04:49 PM
guess i might be selling these pretty soon if nothing comes up....anyone interested? couple shops told me the vibrations were due to the fact the rims arent hubcentric to the car, even though i got H&r spacers,so yea seems like there is nothing i can do.

moebiusgold
11-06-2003, 05:40 PM
How about verifying the runout yourself. Jack it up and make yourself a pointer if you can't get a dial indicator. Slowly rotate the tire with a gap at first. Check on the outside corner. You can then try loosening and tightening the high spot on top or rotating the wheel or the spacer on the hub a couple holes. If you can get things better you should notice a huge difference. A little bit off center makes a huge out of balance force. I used to go to a tire store tha balanced on the vehicle. You'll feel out of round at some speeds anyway, the stiffer things are the more interactions you'll have.

benzdude280
11-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Why don't you have hub rings made? Most rim places will make them for you.

CKlasse
11-09-2003, 09:01 AM
True.. simply measure the clearance and have a machine shop make you a set if your local wheelshop cannot do it.

c230kompresssed
11-09-2003, 09:59 AM
Are you talking about your Monoblock VI not fitting? I've seen a good number of C-classes that have those rims, they dont fit either?

SLAMMED_C
11-09-2003, 02:00 PM
I have 19" Lowenhart Maido's.. the arent hubcentric.. but they did come with rings that go on ur hub to make them hubcentric.. so no problems. see if u can get some rings made or if any r available for ur rims.

nokia8860
11-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Agree with the rest. Just make some hubcentric rings to solve this problem. Made some for kameraguy when he was running 19. Very easy to make.

KenzBenz
11-10-2003, 04:05 PM
i see, im go give it try tomorrow hopefully ill find a place where they know how to make hubrings. how much do they usually run for custom hubrings?

714guy
11-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by KenzBenz
i see, im go give it try tomorrow hopefully ill find a place where they know how to make hubrings. how much do they usually run for custom hubrings?

Call the thewheelsupply to get some, they can make if you can measure it. I used some from my brabus wheels for ADRs wheels my cousin has they worked.