PDA

View Full Version : Wiper blade

GDawgC220
11-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Hey,
I went to autozone today to pick up a new wiper blade. They pointed me to Arco over Bosch. But the thing is, the snap on part is not the same as the Bosch I have now, which was from the dealer. Does anyone know if the Bosch Microedge has the same clip as the one from the dealers? Or do I have to go back to the dealer to get a new blade? Thanks!

-G-

SLAMMED_C
11-06-2003, 07:46 PM
when u get the wiper from the dealer u get a wiper insert.. just the wiper rubber.. no blade attached to it, ur blade is reused and just the insert is replaced.

Faheem Daddy
11-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Thanks for posting this, my C220 also needs a new blade. I guess I'm going to just get one from the dealer as well; that way I won't have to worry about fitment issues and it'll be OEM quality.

GDawgC220
11-07-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
when u get the wiper from the dealer u get a wiper insert.. just the wiper rubber.. no blade attached to it, ur blade is reused and just the insert is replaced.

when i took off the entire blade, I tried to get the insert out...but could figure out how? can you explain it to me? I've taken inserts out on other cars before and this one is very strange. Thanks.

-G-

vas2vas
11-07-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by GDawgC220
Hey,
I went to autozone today to pick up a new wiper blade. They pointed me to Arco over Bosch. But the thing is, the snap on part is not the same as the Bosch I have now, which was from the dealer. Does anyone know if the Bosch Microedge has the same clip as the one from the dealers? Or do I have to go back to the dealer to get a new blade? Thanks!

-G-

BOSCH microedge 24" will work perfectly.... it costs about $15 at pepboys (which reminds me time to get new one too)... I try to change mine at least once every year.... takes less than 5min, no insert no tools! :D

GDawgC220
11-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by vas2vas
BOSCH microedge 24" will work perfectly.... it costs about $15 at pepboys (which reminds me time to get new one too)... I try to change mine at least once every year.... takes less than 5min, no insert no tools! :D

does it clip on like the OE one? I wanna make sure, don't want to get another one where it's loose and comes off during wiping. Thanks!

-G-

vas2vas
11-07-2003, 03:54 PM
yeah you replace the whole arm not just the insert..... have used bosch wipers on 3 different cars withought any problems....

GDawgC220
11-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by vas2vas
yeah you replace the whole arm not just the insert..... have used bosch wipers on 3 different cars withought any problems....

Ok, cool. cuz the last one i bought from autozone didn't fit right and had to return it. just wanna make sure. Thanks.

-G-

J Irwan
11-26-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by GDawgC220
does it clip on like the OE one? I wanna make sure, don't want to get another one where it's loose and comes off during wiping. Thanks!

-G-

yes it had clip like the OEM wide however for some reason the 24" Bosch Excel Micro Edge is about 8mm shorter than my OEM which is no big deal.
top is Bosch OEM vs bottom is Bosch Excel Micro Edge
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwDWAngTuIkmHNvDuhcnvm9YM!IbxT81SKgmMAa0nxmYXDtNJ Gvdwv1HySPWJl6o55c0Xj*raKSo4Sacm1yoFmyM2sRAk804ZJo tee4muY8/114-1465_IMG.JPG

It came with 2 type of clip in which one of them is exactly the same like OEM.

Here are the pic of those clips, the top one is exactly the same as OEM one :)

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwCnAncTeokmHNvDuhcnvtopi6aTerG7LN5G3xzhc*0ew7vi* Q2586nTPFDF!z*8YdjOcurnwFXvTb3YnU8wY8v6fsfsZvsHCck uayGXRyg/114-1464_IMG.JPG

I bought my Excel Micro Edge at NAPA $16.95 (after tax).

Although the blade of Bosch Excel Micro Edge is slightly different than Bosch OEM blade in general they're the same
Below is the comparions top is Bosch OEM and bottom is Bosch Excell. I aligned the pin so that you can see the dimension and cut of a little different. But they perfect fit and utilize OEM style clip.
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwDSAnoTNIomHNvDuhcnvotaibhXuElvqbni8glM4YW2SUvVt Biq6QIaPu4rrFQwVLYvFXsmxfg4RoA4VtaXFiTtqN*UzaeSC5l RPfY49Ug/114-1467_IMG.JPG

PS: For same reason I can't find the micro edge insert anymore anywhere.. Do they stop making this or what..???
In the past I have been buying the micro edge insert.
Since my oroginal blade still in good condition that's why I have been looking for the insert only...

Regardz,

11-27-2003, 12:06 AM
Please does your wiper blade clean well the windscreen? I've tried several type but, also new they do not clean well (halo after every passage). Do I have to regulate wiper blade force on the windscreen? How please?

Thanks for any input

07-28-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by 1998K
Please does your wiper blade clean well the windscreen? I've tried several type but, also new they do not clean well (halo after every passage). Do I have to regulate wiper blade force on the windscreen? How please?

Thanks for any input

please any input will be much appreciated.

Which type of wiper blade is better?

Rocky
07-28-2004, 05:21 AM
W202,s are known to have a streaking windshield wipings. It's the design of the mono wiper. It works great for the first little while then it gets bad fast.

07-28-2004, 05:47 AM
Thanks Rocky.

Mine is well lubricated (done personally). But I'm wondering why, technically speaking, it gets bad fast, as you said.

Pratically, if all is well maintened and nothing is damaged it should work well always.

Which brand of replacement blade do you suggest?

PS: Have you ever seen the new wiper blade utilized for newer Audi: it seems another world but, obviously it's not for our old W202.

spriro
07-28-2004, 06:59 AM
I am recommending Valeo Smart Blade. It tells you when you need to change it. Works really well for me. Cheaper than Bosch ($13). The Clip are OEM Clip, so there is no fitment issue.
The only problem is it is hard to find. Here in the US I only know 1 place that have it.
www.germanstar.net

J Irwan
07-28-2004, 06:59 AM
My wiper clean the windows really well..

better than the wiper on BMW (my previous car) and Audi.

I have been using Bosch Micro Edge.
The one that I put on recently is Bosch Micro Edge excell. It clean really good.
And the wiper blade on my car last really long.

Bosch MicroEdge Excell wiper blade (http://www.boschusa.com/AutoParts/WiperBlades/)
http://www.boschusa.com/images/consumers/wiperblades_image_01.gif

Hope this helps ;).

Regardz,

Rocky
07-28-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by 1998K
Mine is well lubricated (done personally).

Must...resist...comment

hehehehe

kameraguy
07-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Yeah, the clip that locks the blade on the wiper mount is a must. At first I bought the ARco blade but didn't realize it lacked the clip until after I got it home. As it was raining hard I used it, but later that week the blade slipped off the mount! Damn. Learned my lesson :rolleyes:

07-29-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Rocky
Must...resist...comment

hehehehe

Hello Guys, thanks a lot for all of your reply and information. Well appreciated all your suggestion.

Normally I utilize Bosch wiper blade, may be I'll try the Valeo alternative, seems also well appreciated.

Now I've just tried replacing the rubber refill, because available one in my garage, I'll check next raining time. In case I replace the whole wiper with Valeo or new Bosh micro edge.

But please Rocky explain me your comment!? I don't understand.

Hi

~NaPOleON~
11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Deleted