PDA

View Full Version : New member with new to me C230 needing a little help

kuma96
05-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Just found this forum and looks impressive, seems to be lots of info here. Just picked up a clean '98 C230, mostly for the mpg, so far loving it. Picked up on the cheap, was a 1 local owner but salvaged title (see picture of drivers front- that was all the damage) spent $400.00 on parts and CA DMV to get it registered.

I'm not a stranger to Mercedes (older) cars, currently have 2 W124 sportline cars, a '93 W201sportline with a stroked 3 liter motor (FUN!!!) and a W124 sportline coupe and I love the ride these cars have.

I'd like to swap out the springs and shocks on this car, found a low mile clean set of W202 sport springs but having a hard time identifying them as factory sport springs, does anybody know what the paint codes are for W202 sport springs. I really want to keep this car as original as possible (ride quality) and not use aftermarket parts but looking for a slightly firmer ride than stock.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

wichipong
05-03-2014, 09:52 PM
welcome aboard. did you mean you need original part numbers for springs for a sport model?

kuma96
05-03-2014, 10:25 PM
2100Part #’s would be helpful for any sport C280 (W202), but probably more helpful would be paint codes on the springs. I’d like to use these as they are slightly firmer with the added weight of the motor. The springs I’m finding have barley visible and impossible to read part numbers but paint codes are there.

Any help in determining s true OEM sport spring would be helpful. I found a set (pic attached) and confirmed the car had the sport option, 2nd owner car and very low miles and owner installed an aftermarket set.

Appreciate the reply.

wichipong
05-04-2014, 09:15 PM
i cant check if there's a paint code.... ill try to check epc...

kuma96
05-05-2014, 07:16 AM
EPC won't show paint codes, I'll try to call Peach Tree they may be able to help.

Thanks