PDA

View Full Version : Blaupunkt Toronto

99-280SPORT
05-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Hey guys, new here-
I'm looking to replace the headunit of my '99 280 Sport with this http://www.crutchfield.com/p_023TRN420B/Blaupunkt-Toronto-420-BT.html?tp=5684
I've got the bose system at the moment...not looking to really replace anything but the headunit-
When I looked up on Crutchfield what units would be compatible with my car, they gave me an option asking whether or not I had the bose system, so obviously I said yes...now I'm asking if I would have to get a wiring harness or anything like that, cause I've read that if you have the bose you would need one (Crutchfield said nothing additional would be needed with my purchase and that it would fit right in my console).

Thanks-

thegame
05-15-2014, 09:11 PM
you will need something an output converter. Scosche SLC4 is the one that i got for my radio from crutchfield. i think the wiring harness is provided for free if you buy head unites over $99.99 they also come with the radio remover keys to remove your MB head unite. the wiring harness has RCA cables that fit in to the Scosche SLC4. you can call crutchfield up they are very helpfull. that is a good looking radio man I might buy it too. the only thing that i don't like is the blue light around the two knobs.

99-280SPORT
05-18-2014, 11:46 AM
thanks man-
much appreciated

thegame
09-15-2014, 04:03 PM
did you ever buy and install the radio? if so can you post some pictures?