PDA

View Full Version : Front suspension

mairenag202
05-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Alright so i was inspired by an instagram post of a silver w202 lowered on cut stock springs & decided to take up my friend on his offer to cut my springs. The rear end was cake, but when it came to the front neither of us knew what to do. We went to the local autozone and rented spring compressors. When we came back we realized that the compressors were too think to fit between the coils. I'm kind of scared to un-bolt certain things because I don't want to mess the alignment. I cut two coils on the rear and it tucked beautifully. I don't know where to get the merc compressor with out spending a shit ton of money (that I don't have). If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. As of now my car looks like I have two dead bodies in the trunk. (Super embarrassing lol) 2150215121522153

DRBC43AMG
05-22-2014, 05:10 AM
You need the appropriate spring compressor (see below). DON'T try without. The springs need to be compressed a fair way to be removed. The pressure involved is enormous and should something give, I don't want to think of the results (injury or damage). I nearly swiped a thumb off when unscrewing the compressor and it slipped, so be warned!

yaboiraqui
06-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Alright so i was inspired by an instagram post of a silver w202 lowered on cut stock springs & decided to take up my friend on his offer to cut my springs. The rear end was cake, but when it came to the front neither of us knew what to do. We went to the local autozone and rented spring compressors. When we came back we realized that the compressors were too think to fit between the coils. I'm kind of scared to un-bolt certain things because I don't want to mess the alignment. I cut two coils on the rear and it tucked beautifully. I don't know where to get the merc compressor with out spending a shit ton of money (that I don't have). If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. As of now my car looks like I have two dead bodies in the trunk. (Super embarrassing lol) 2150215121522153

Hey that Silver 202 is mine!! :) That was when I was still on stocks though. lol I'm actually on cut H&R springs. not stocks