PDA

View Full Version : Coil spring compressor rental

0yorkie0
06-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Snapped a lower control arm. Looking for a mb style spring compressor in the 606 ky area.

AtomicVette
06-01-2014, 07:07 PM
It can be done with the normal "screw and hook" style compressor, just not as easy. That's how I did mine anyway. Those can be rented at about any autoparts store.

disc9
06-10-2014, 06:01 PM
I have the correct spring compressor. Do you still need it?

SD202
06-11-2014, 07:49 AM
Snapped a lower control arm. Looking for a mb style spring compressor in the 606 ky area.

how did you snap the LCA? pics of where it failed at?

0yorkie0
06-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Disc9-
I finally got it replaced. I plan on overhauling the suspension in about a month. If your offer still stands, I'll take you up on it then.

SD202-
I slammed two potholes. One about a year ago(about 50mph).Then another one less than a month ago(40mph). I inspected my car after the one last year and it appeared to be fine. I did notice my passenger side sagging a lil in the last couple of months, but figured it was a spring/shock issue. Then a couple weeks ago, I hit then the other. As soon as I hit it, I felt my steering tightened up. It was at night and I was about a block from home, so I decided to wait to check it in the daylight. The next day I drove it to work. As I was pulling out of the lot after work, it finally failed at the weld where the ballpoint and swaybar meets the control arm. I'll try to post pics later.

taz069
07-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Disc9 I wished you lived if Florida I needit today!! No parts store has one that will work. Even with the outside hooks, way to thick to fit between the springs. Needing to replace my lower control arm bushings asap.