PDA

View Full Version : Crank, no Start.....

97C28O
06-06-2014, 07:32 PM
So I've been experiencing this issue lately, everyday. The car would crank, but would not start. I first thought it was the battery, but I had a voltmeter and it reads in healthy condition.
I am thinking it could be fuel related.

Car has 83,XXX Miles. Never had a start issue before until now. There is no CEL on the dash too.

What should I look for? Fuel Pump? Fuel Filter? Fuel Injectors? something else?

jeff-abalone
06-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Any fuel comes out?

97C28O
06-07-2014, 11:09 AM
what do you mean fuel comes out?

Abbaso
06-07-2014, 11:21 AM
So I've been experiencing this issue lately, everyday. The car would crank, but would not start. I first thought it was the battery, but I had a voltmeter and it reads in healthy condition.
I am thinking it could be fuel related.

Car has 83,XXX Miles. Never had a start issue before until now. There is no CEL on the dash too.

What should I look for? Fuel Pump? Fuel Filter? Fuel Injectors? something else?
Check for spark sounds like a crank sensor. Worth a shot. Not too expensive. Get a bosch

97C28O
06-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Do you happen to have a diagram or pic of the location? I am going to try the crank sensor soon.

RemoLexi
06-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Spray starter fluid into the throttle,

If she fires up for a second, then your problem is lack of fuel. If not, then you have no spark, prob. crank sensor

97C28O
06-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Remo! could you point me to where the crank sensor is located? i've ordered the part. should be here in couple days

Abbaso
06-08-2014, 06:25 AM
Not sure about the the 280 but its close to the starter on the 230K most probably in the same area in the the 104

jeff-abalone
06-08-2014, 07:24 AM
After a few cracks, take out the spark plug. If the spark plug get wet, that means has fuel.

Crack sensor fault, usually due to engine warmed up stall. When the engine is cold, it can start right up again.

Because you said that it could be fuel related in your first post..... Try unplug the Mass Air Flow and crack it... Is it still can not start? I saw one car before due to Mass Air Flow problem, too much fuel into the engine and cause can not start. Unplug it and start right away. If start right away, then may be Mass Air Flow.

AMG KC
06-13-2014, 12:26 AM
What does it do if you hold the throttle wide open when you try to start it?

RemoLexi
06-13-2014, 01:04 PM
I have yet to see a failed air flow meter on a mercedes causing it to flood with fuel ...

Just replaced a crank sensor yesterday on a car that didnt start hot or cold. You will still have fuel pressure as it primes for a second, then shuts off the fuel pump and waits for crank signal.

While cranking the motor, does your rpm gauge show any speed at all?

And lastly, the crank sensor is at the top of the bell housing right below the oil filter housing on a 104. Maybe a bit tricky to get to, since its tight on space.

vaspen
06-17-2014, 04:00 PM
ok we all start with the basics air ... check .. lol
fuel and spark if you have all 3 to ALL cylenders and still no start ? then goonto the sensors
but test fuel pressure then check ohms on injectors should read out to be around 15-17 ohms
next spark choose your own method at your own rist I pull the boot off in a dark room and look for a distinctly blue spark should be nice and bright lol zzzaap