PDA

View Full Version : strange hazard light problem..please help!

rootie524
07-05-2014, 07:50 PM
I have a 99 c230. When I am driving and make a right hand turn. Sharp or pretty slight the hazard lights (4 ways) come on for a couple seconds and then shut off. I do not notice it on left turns. If I am sitting still it does not do it, the vehicle has to be in motion for it to happen. I am so confused and extremely annoyed by this. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

First noticed this on a rainy day. Was at a stop and went to turn. Car slid and esp kicked in and at that time the hazards also turned on. I figured this was all part of the esp. Hazards comeon while there is no traction to warn other drivers. But it has been doing it since while driving normal.

vaspen
07-06-2014, 10:06 AM
sounds like a short when you make a right do you see any wires pulling then u turn right ? is it slightly harder to turn right ? I would puul the steering wheel off and check your turn signal wires they may be catching on the colum or something

rootie524
07-06-2014, 04:24 PM
that would make sense if it still did it when the car was stopped. but it only happens on acceleration and right turns. it may have something to do with the wheel sensors but then I would think the yellow triangle would also flash.

vaspen
07-06-2014, 06:41 PM
have you tried it in drive sitting still turning the wheel right ? it has to be a short , melted relay or wire tug
or last possible issue would be the switch attached to the lever itself