PDA

View Full Version : Phillips Vision Plus

GDawgC220
11-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Hey all,
Anyone ever use Phillips Vision Plus in their w202? If so, are they more white than the stock yellow ones or just about the same? I looked on www.powerbulbs.com and they got good reviews...about $22 U.S.D. Thinking about springing for a pair...any suggestions or anything? Cool, thanks!

-G-

Faheem Daddy
11-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Are you talking about the Silvervisions? The ones that are painted silver so they don't give that egg-yolk effect in your clear corners, but yet blink amber? If so, I have those on my BMW, and they're great. They're just as orange/bright as stock amber bulbs, yet look just as clear as your corners. I hope thats what you're talking about...

GDawgC220
11-08-2003, 02:23 AM
Oops...i should have been more clear, lol. I'm talking about the headlight bulbs.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/products/product.php?prodid=pvp&type=H4

-G-

sorbo
11-21-2003, 02:50 PM
GDawgC220

Did you ever get those bulbs? I'm interested in upgrading my stock bulbs, i have been trying to find out what people are getting and if they like them. if you did get them are they the same watt as stock. (plug and play) no realys or anything. and how much improvement is their from stock? any problems?

GDawgC220
11-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by sorbo
GDawgC220

Did you ever get those bulbs? I'm interested in upgrading my stock bulbs, i have been trying to find out what people are getting and if they like them. if you did get them are they the same watt as stock. (plug and play) no realys or anything. and how much improvement is their from stock? any problems?

Hey there,
I just got them last night. They are a little whiter than stock (not as yellow). I haven't run stock ones so long that I don't know if these are a longer beam pattern....if I can find my stocks, I will do a comparison. I am in the middle of moving right now, so they are packed up somewhere.

The wattage is the same, 60/55watts, so no relays needed or anything. So far so good, I usually run them with the fog's on, so I get even more lighting, but by themselves, pretty good so far.

-G-

Noele
11-22-2003, 08:45 AM
I have the Philips Diamond Vision bulbs. Same wattage and consumption as the stock bulbs 55w but output, as claimed, is 100w..I also have the Euro headlights version both lo and hi beams are H1 and the fog H3.

I think the Diamond Visions are more for show as they have a very white light output (tinge of blue). However, the actual usable light on the road seems to be really low. Where you can normally see the beam pattern of the stock bulbs on the road, you can't see these (worse when it is raining, nothing at all).