PDA

View Full Version : H&R Sway bars ordered....

koko202
07-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Can't wait to see the difference between stock and larger sway bars. I also purchased a stabillus steering shock.

kowalski
07-17-2014, 02:35 PM
did you order H&R F/R swaybar kit?
please don't fogget to measure the diameter on factory C43 parts vs H&R's stuff, also check if H&R's and factory swaybars are hollow tubes?

how much did this kit cost, did you buy from Ebay?
# number for this kit?
Is it included any stiffer swaybar bushings in this kit?

thanks

Logic
07-19-2014, 08:37 PM
mine came with H&R front and rear sway bars but the one for the rear is still in the bag . the front was put on . I cant say if its better than stock as I didn't drive it with the factory installed sway bar. the sway bars I have are solid and not hollow

koko202
07-20-2014, 11:01 AM
I bought it from tirerack.com it was a special order, so i havent received them yet. It has to come with bushings cause it has a larger diameter. Once i get them in ill keep you updated.

AMG KC
09-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Im going to install the KMAC ones in a while.

Vetruck
09-08-2014, 08:09 PM
I pit a 26mm front and 18mm rear on my car a few months ago. The rear is a pain in the ass because you have to yank the rear springs , unbolt the bottom shock mounts, then drop the entire rear suspension subframe about 3-4" in order to feed the old bar out of the mousetrap and the new one in.

Vetruck
09-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Here's a short little video I shot of the car with the wife driving it down the road about 50mph. The car rides incredibly comfortable yet has a very firm feel and is definitely pulling over 1g in cornering. In stead of going the largest 28mm bar, these cars suffer from massive brake dive in the nose of the car I used the lighter 26mm front bar. The massive bar would lock up the suspension side to side and take away comfort ride quality of the independent suspension while still having brake dive. I opted to go to the H&R Super Sport springs on my lighter weight 4 cylinder car- this about eliminated brake dive, increase roll stiffness, and still helped with independent wheel movement by using the lighter of the two front sway bars H&R offered. Most go with light spring sand heavy bars = poor ride quality, lots of brake dive, all in the name of trying to reduce body roll. Bigger is not always better. Even though I have the stiffer 6 cyl AMG sport springs ont he 4 cylinder, it rides VERY nice because of the smaller sway bar choice. I run koni monotube's with fronts max rebound, and rears middle setting.

Watch how smooth this thing rides, yet corners much harder then a 2009 SL550 can...and that my friends is a fact I will put money on.
http://youtu.be/CAU5zAWnq4g